Number of planets

Starman

Re: Number of planets

Postby Starman » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:03 pm

There's a game out there that i really loved how the world colonization was presented.
Pax Imperia.
It was showing a ground picturesque view of your current world and depending on what building you were building some ship was landing that structure on the ground.
Pure epic.
I don't think anyone thought about getting that back in a game.
I don't think any developer thought about that but I'd sure love such a feature back.

It would be amazing at least if a cinematic shows how you land your troops and ships and conquer them when you do it on the star map , respecting the ground of the current world , the ships and troops belonging to your race and their buildings and people below.
But i think it's too much to ask for for the present.

Still I'd love a more realistic colony building on your worlds graphically , cinematically wise.

Even L3O's Horizon has a little video showing the same looking pods landing on colonized world when you do it though it respects just the type of the planet but it's immersive nonetheless and that's saying something for Horizon which isn't quite the game it was supposed to be.

I figure M.O.R.E can always be more and if this game is gonna be done right only the sky is the limit.

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Not only sky is the limit.. but also our budget and time :)

We have picture of colony in our colony screen.. and we want to put there some buildings too...
That's all what we can do with it with our limitations.
We aren't EA or Blizzard :(
M.O.R.E. under construction

Starman

Postby Starman » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:10 pm

Many indie or small team developer games are way better in many aspects than AAA titles.

You people are the future :)

A handful of people or even one man developer brought great games while Blizzard and the like take years up to a decade for a title but I agree , the damn money is a problem for everyone and I can only imagine what good developers like you people would achieve if backed up by even a quarter of such funds like the companies got.

Edit : You know CD Projekt RED is from your country and they released few of the best rpgs out there.Who doesn't know about The Witcher.They released really good work.
It would've been cool if those guys could've collaborated with you.

hydre

Postby hydre » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:56 pm

Hey guys, I must say I'm excited about the game but I reeeeealy dislike given number of planets. Only 8-10 - BAD, even ridiculous and terribly irritating for Sci-fi and Astronomy lover! :evil:
Hovewer I got a soulution for the issue - Gas giants should have lets say rings of asteroids (for asteroid race) and herds of moons (such as Titan, Europa, Io etc. many of which equal Mercury/Pluto as far as size is concerned). The "moons micro-system" could be represented as some icon or small moon or whatever close to gas planet and more imortantly it should allow for colonisation of gas giants by solid-planet-type civilizations like Humans. 8-)
And who is to say that Humans cannot colonize asteroid belt? It could be treated as a planet for this purpose. And of course - late in the game - there could be a possibility to artificially create ringworlds etc. around stars.
Sorry if any or all of these issues were already addresed.
Keep up the good work! :-)

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi hydre.

M.O.R.E. is a game.. not universe simulator ;) .. so we have some rules.. like no human colonies on asteroids etc ;)
Also.. 10 planets around star is big value.. and remember that all planets can have up to 3 moons... so it gives you max 40 space objects star system! ;) It's HUGE value... but mostly there will be 3-15 objects in star system.
M.O.R.E. under construction

Return to “Galaxies, Planets & Moons”