A small collection of races, played as one faction

TheSchem
Hearty Supporter

A small collection of races, played as one faction

Postby TheSchem » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:39 am

A small federation of a few different races that work together. Perhaps a few sentient species evolved on the same planet or maybe in pre-warp days these races banded together to fight a space monster making a United Government. It might be interesting to have them doing specialization of labour with each race doing a different job in the empire.

There could also be a few variations of this idea, maybe you have a sentient race and a semi-sentient race, or a master and slave race.

Thangulhad
Ideas & Texts Creator

Re: A small collection of races, played as one faction

Postby Thangulhad » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 am

You mean like the Xindi from Star Trek? You had the aboreals as well as others.
-Thangulhad

Don

Postby Don » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:32 am

Nice thinking, it would make use of the unvoted Race Art or even all three art for one race if they become a federation, cause it would be terrible to waste such race design (I like them all!) though it's been suggested they may be used as future dlc.

Lupusam
Hearty Supporter

Postby Lupusam » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:10 am

Having multiple races united by philosophy can be very interesting, but works better in settings where space-travel is already common...

I can see that being a good variant though, where all the systems are already colonised to a low level and each empire (possibly each system) contains multiple races working together...

Sturmir
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Sturmir » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:06 pm

What about an alliance system... NPC Factions could be forced into your own (Through enslavery, conquest and non-extermination of them) Or mutual understanding thus creating a federation. This would grow your own empire and provide benefits as well as some flaws.

VenomStorm
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby VenomStorm » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Sturmir wrote:What about an alliance system... NPC Factions could be forced into your own (Through enslavery, conquest and non-extermination of them) Or mutual understanding thus creating a federation. This would grow your own empire and provide benefits as well as some flaws.

This could also allow you to create puppet states and buffer states between your empire and other more powerful ones.

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby May Player » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:09 am

I really like the puppet states from Civ V. They act as resupply base/outpost and of course, buffer between empires.

TheSchem
Hearty Supporter

Postby TheSchem » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:17 am

I guess all the races have been chosen for now. But it might make a neat race in an expansion. Or possibly as a weak "non player race" something that could be tolerated or crushed. I also like the idea of recycling some of the non chosen race art.

Teleros
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Teleros » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:21 pm

Sturmir wrote:What about an alliance system... NPC Factions could be forced into your own (Through enslavery, conquest and non-extermination of them) Or mutual understanding thus creating a federation. This would grow your own empire and provide benefits as well as some flaws.

It should be quite easy to do: just let conquered alien species continue to breed, multiply, start new colonies, and travel within your nation. MOO2 had the first 2, didn't have the 3rd, and I honestly forget whether or not transported aliens could multiply or not.
Clear ether!

Return to “Races”