What about a "floral" race?

Asmodan
Hearty Supporter

Re: What about a "floral" race?

Postby Asmodan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Okay, I really have to play that game to finally get all the references to it. ;)

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby May Player » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:36 pm

So you have not played Alpha Centauri? It's one of the classic games that will stick with you! ;)
If you are Okay with the older graphics like in MOO2, then it is pure fun. The expansion to the game is called Alien Crossfire and provide two extra alien races with oposite doctrines. I guess it comes together with the main game... I bought another copy last year as my original would not work on Win7.. If you get it now, the original game is incapsulated in a DOS windows so it plays nicely.

Asmodan
Hearty Supporter

Postby Asmodan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:20 am

The next game on my "I must play" list which becomes longer and longer. ;)

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby May Player » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:31 am

GoranXII

Postby GoranXII » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:05 am

Doesn't have Alien Crossfire in the bundle mind, at least, as near as I can tell (in most cases, expansions are mentioned somewhere, often in the first point). Plenty of other gems for a connoisseur of strategy - or indeed any other genre - to pick through though.

telyni
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby telyni » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:48 pm

Even without the expansion, Alpha Centauri is a great game. Definitely recommended for any strategy player who likes 4X or Civilization-type games. Plus it actually has a bit of a plot!

Soldaris

Postby Soldaris » Thu May 29, 2014 8:06 pm

The game Stardrive has a plant race and there was a sentient plant race called the Kanten in David Brin's Uplift series.
I would like to see a plant race, it would be interesting.

Starman

Postby Starman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:56 am

StarDrive already has that in the Pollops and Armada 2526 in the Walden Forest and the Florian Diaspora
I think M.O.R.E. bases itself on different kinds of aliens and i have to admit they look more realistic and more alien in the same time than anything i've seen in other games.
It's like thinking you want more aliens in all aspects ? M.O.R.E provides.
I think every race is perfect here and i especially love their descriptions and their different ways of communication , lifespans and such.

Yeah i would love more than 20 civilizations why not but if these people will make the game moddable i'm sure that will be possible too.

A plant based civ would be amazing and if i wanna say what i'd like personally , i'd surely love a feline race , they are really hard to find in any 4x games these days.
Sure there is the Linkin in Armada 2526 and the Zenox in Distant Worlds but a feline civ in M.O.R.E would rock the world.
Also a hawt amazon-like race would be really cool like the Securan from DW or the Drell from StarDrive although the latter aren't what they appear.

Just another idea nothing else :)

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:01 am

Thank you for your kind words.. for now we won't be adding any new race to our game.
But your idea is interesting for DLC's we are planning.

Also for now we aren't planning any mod tools... as our game is quite complicated and requires many files and work to do with every race. But it's something to think about after releasic basic version. We want to add mod support in some future DLC.
M.O.R.E. under construction

Starman

Postby Starman » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:51 am

Yeah I gotta admit , sometimes too much isn't too good either and how developed is the content for each race in its own matters.
Besides it will take a lot of time to visit at least once ,every civ In M.O.R.E to be able to say one day : " I played everything , I'm bored , I want more content"

Hardly we'll get bored of the main 20 civs to ask for more for quite a good time and I'm sure you people planned this so you won't be doing the same things every time you play.

I have to admit , some games out there are really good and all but after you play a couple of times you realize the races are generic and practically you do the same things over and over , just that your empire has a different name and avatar picture.
After a while the game loses its fun.

Sure, a game isn't just about exploring the content and just that but a good game will always call you back to play it and once you know that it can offer you other ways to play and a different experience each time , then the game is a success.

Because the game is called like this it makes you ask for more and we sometimes forget to be content with what's already in the bag. :)
And it's a lot in the bag and for this scale as well.
I didn't count Armada 2526 number of races but there's little diversity there and it feels the same played with any of them.
So far only Distant Worlds has a sheer number of races but the downside is the 2D graphics.
M.O.R.E will offer both 3D graphics and a sheer number of civs.
I think we can't ask for more , for the time being :)
I can only hope it will get fully developed and not released halfway done like some other titles because it would be a shame but it's good to learn from other people's mistakes and I think if you people are commited to do this then nothing can stop you.

So , to get back on topic : personally i'm gonna buy this game just to play with the Arranos , Brutas and Skribdis because they feel totally badass to me , others too but I like these 3 the most.
Can't wait to feel that interface , ship design and all that.
I wonder if you people considered voicing the ships or something like in Sword of the Stars voiceovers,
It would really be badass :D

Return to “Races”