Races we would like changed?

Teleros
Ideas & Texts Creator

Re: Races we would like changed?

Postby Teleros » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Starman wrote:I don't know about memory limitations and i think you mean RAM but with systems out there that can go up to 128 GB RAM ( myself has 24 GB , still don't feel i should upgrade yet ) there won't be memory limitations.

I mean for low-end machines. If you have only 4GB RAM, Windows usually takes a big bite out of that, so perhaps you only have 2GB free for MORE. In that case, telling MORE to never unload the GUI from memory may be a bad idea if you then literally lack the memory to display lots of flashy stuff in a big space battle.

Sure, for high-end machines I can't see it being a problem (barring memory leaks, but let's assume good coding :D ).

As for DX12, that is years away yet - bit hard to make plans for it until there's more details. Also, even if no plans are made, Microsoft is usually fairly good with compatibility issues, so I can't see a DX11 version of MORE really suffering.
Clear ether!

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:42 pm

Right now we support DX9.
We might be adding some special DX11 support... but in DLC.
This is more work, and we don;t want to make such limitations to many people, still using DX9 or DX10.
M.O.R.E. under construction

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby May Player » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:57 pm

There is actually huge difference in visual quality of textures when using DirectX9 and 10/11.
Visuals are important and I would say it needs to be at least DirectX 10..
Cheers!

Return to “Races”