Races we would like changed?

Soldaris

Races we would like changed?

Postby Soldaris » Mon May 26, 2014 10:42 pm

I want to start by saying that I like most of the races...
but the Nosnarians look so silly in my opinion, they have no appendages, no hands, no tentacles, nothing. How are they supposed to build a civilization like that??

Also the Raefillis look kind of dorky. How are they supposed to build civilizations and ships? I could imagine them as smaller creatures, approximately 2-3 meters that sort of use jet propulsion and have 2-4 tentacles perhaps.

Could we increase the life span of the Skiteli and Ubarros to approximately 70 years? If you think about how long it takes a single being to accumulate knowledge then 30 years probably isn't enough for a highly technical society. Just a thought.

Other than that I like the rest of the races. There are some good ideas.

I'm interested to hear what other people have to say.

Teleros
Ideas & Texts Creator

Re: Races we would like changed?

Postby Teleros » Tue May 27, 2014 2:39 pm

Hmm. Most of the pictures are only portraits, so there's lots of room to alter things. The Nosnarian may be wearing some kind of clothing, or may simply have any appendages lower down or flat against the body. The Raefillis seem reasonably suited to life in a gas giant's atmosphere, and as we can't see underneath them we cannot tell what appendages suited to fine manipulation they have. The Skiteli & Ubarros lifespans are presumably measured in human years, but how long does it take for them to mature to adulthood, and what about old age? And if they're measured in their own years, then we have no idea how long their years are vs human years, and so cannot make any statements about it either way.

Now... yes, I do think some of the races appear ill-suited for a highly technical society, but that doesn't mean that you can't find a plausible explanation, as I've done above.
Clear ether!

Starman

Postby Starman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:30 am

I think it's too early to say what we'd like changed.
We haven't even seen them in action yet.
I think we should wait for the game to be released , play with them and then get an idea and if some need change it can be done in future updates or expansions but i love them like they are.

However i wonder if the game will offer race specific buildings who look different too so not everyone can build the same things who look the same , race specific weapons so not all ships can shoot the same and race specific research tree so not everybody can research the same things , this mixed with the race specific interface which is a great idea in itself would really be immersive and an unique experience for each
and would really add a huge replay value to the game too though it might be a huge amount of work too , unless these things are already considered.

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:19 am

Starman wrote:However i wonder if the game will offer race specific buildings who look different too so not everyone can build the same things who look the same

YES! :)

Starman wrote:race specific weapons so not all ships can shoot the same

Starman wrote:and race specific research tree so not everybody can research the same things

Starman wrote:this mixed with the race specific interface which is a great idea in itself would really be immersive and an unique experience for each
and would really add a huge replay value to the game too

We hope so! :)

Starman wrote:though it might be a huge amount of work too , unless these things are already considered.

That's why we are delayed with our release date :(
M.O.R.E. under construction

Starman

Postby Starman » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:26 am

Amazing :D
Thanks for the reply

Your work will pay off and I'm sure the game will be worth its price even if it's gonna be more expensive than others given the amount of content it offers.

And i think M.O.R.E. will dethrone the king Distant Worlds
It even feels partially like what a sequel to DW would be but improved in many ways.

One thing I caught someplace and I'm not sure about.
Is the game gonna have 30 GB on the hard drive ? :o because this sounds crazy though it might be plausible

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:01 am

Starman wrote:Is the game gonna have 30 GB on the hard drive ? :o because this sounds crazy though it might be plausible

To be honest? We don't know how big this game be on harddrive but.. yes, it can take 30GB.
Just imagine:
10+ hours of music.
20 race interfaces
80 planet types
20 races x 50 at least spaceship modules
20 alien races diplomatic, spying and espionage animations.
etc..
So... uhh... we don't know how big it will be but so massive content will take big amount of hard drive.
M.O.R.E. under construction

Teleros
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Teleros » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:40 am

On the other hand, HDD space is the cheapest thing in computers these days - the real limiting factors are CPU & RAM. So if MORE takes up as much space as WoW... eh, whatever, frankly.
Clear ether!

Starman

Postby Starman » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:48 am

Yeah why not.
It makes sense to be this big.

There's some thread someplace mentioning if the game can support DX 12.
I'm not sure about that but supporting DX 11 should be good for people who can run it , myself included because I got an i7 and a DX 11 video card.
I think you should consider all DX's up to 11.

Now I wonder if the game is gonna be HDD heavy on the speed side and won't require an SSD drive to run it fast but if you people got low end systems in mind then I'm sure you got high end systems in mind too.

Can't wait to run it at 1080p with everything on maximum :) and maybe there will be people who will run it higher than this too just for the kicks.

Teleros
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Teleros » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:52 am

Starman wrote:There's some thread someplace mentioning if the game can support DX 12.
I'm not sure about that but supporting DX 11 should be good for people who can run it , myself included because I got an i7 and a DX 11 video card.
I think you should consider all DX's up to 11.

DX9 and DX11 are the main ones you need support for these days. If it can run on DX8 or 12 or w/e... yay, but not a priority.

Starman wrote:Now I wonder if the game is gonna be HDD heavy on the speed side and won't require an SSD drive to run it fast but if you people got low end systems in mind then I'm sure you got high end systems in mind too.

It's turn based, so that shouldn't be a problem. Also, it may be possible to do something along the lines "always keep X loaded in memory", where X is things like the GUI, and maybe skins for planets/stars/buildings/etc - these are the components you'll be seeing most of in a game after all. No idea how practical that is though (especially if memory is limited).
Clear ether!

Starman

Postby Starman » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:19 pm

The game has to require at least a dual core and 2 gb RAM and a videocard say 1024 mb video memory able to run on XP minimum but recommended for Windows 8 or even 8.1 and open for future generation improvements.

The game will be played for years to come and by the time you guys gonna start on the sequel ( and i wish you all success with the first ) then DX 12 is gonna be common
, that is if it won't be a failure like DX 10.

For now i think everybody agrees there's no need for DX 12 but in a few years it might and in case you leave the game open to be implemented in a patch in those days when DX 12 is a must and people ask for it would be really cool.
So by the time I'm gonna upgrade myself i'll say : well i ran this great game by now on DX 11 hardware and that but now i got high end DX 12 hardware and so M.O.R.E will look like new once again like the Emperor with new clothes :D

I don't know about memory limitations and i think you mean RAM but with systems out there that can go up to 128 GB RAM ( myself has 24 GB , still don't feel i should upgrade yet ) there won't be memory limitations.
It's common sense for a game this big to require at least 2 GB for memory if not 4 GB.

Return to “Races”