The Brutas

Calavero
Site Admin

The Brutas

Postby Calavero » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:14 pm

What do you think about our new race - The Brutas?
M.O.R.E. under construction

Tel
Ideas & Texts Creator

Re: The Brutas

Postby Tel » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:18 pm

It's good concept and can be improved much if needed (for me gameplay is above graphics always).
Just two ideas (during kickstarter):
1. New races better presented with a short story (half-page) and some basic in-game characteristics (heavy G world, uncreative, industrialists e.t.c.). Such a story or characteristics would also help the designing artist a LOT.
2. It will help more promote to newer 4x players to see humanoid (or super-humanoid like) races. Especially beautiful races (anyone thinking Elerians), one good one bad-ass and totally evil, but totally good looking, Viking-style perfect bodies.
But for me a little back-story and characteristics (diversity in gameplay) comes first. Boy, 20 races, it's a lot of work...

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby May Player » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Yes, this race looks good, but I agree; it's not just how the race looks like. Why not write a full history for each race, how they started, how developed, social structure, what motivates them etc. It would explain lots ie. why they fight or not fight well. It's so easy to write this and it does not cost anything. For those who don't care about this, just short description would suffice.

Thangulhad
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Thangulhad » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:31 am

I personally love the music! So the "Tauron" race as I called it are the Brutas. I agree with Tel, a short bio of the race would also be nice. Such as homeworld type, other racial makeup characteristics, etc. A size comparison to a human silhouette would give perspective on size as well. I do like the weapon systems, effectively making them look tank-like.

So we also got a official tie-in to the first revealed UI interface as well. The use of color and symbol layout did a good job presenting a warrior-like feel.
-Thangulhad

Cruxador
Hearty Supporter

Postby Cruxador » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:58 pm

I'm agreeing on the need for more lore info. Right now all we really know about these guys is that they look like bad dudes.

JMPlus

Postby JMPlus » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Personally, i'm very disappointed by this first race with his taurus (earth inspiration) look.
For me, a alien race does not have to be similar at something we already know.
For example, for a warrior race, i'd prefer a race who come from a planet with high gravity or a toxic planet and who have developed a strong body defense or similar.
My 2 cents...

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:31 pm

We will have very different races in M.O.R.E.
There will be more humanoid races (Humans, Skiteli, Brutus...)
There will be more unusual races
- tiny "ant" you saw in presentation (it will look much better/alien - it was done very fast :/ )
- enormous Hvalurs
- and "brainy" Zientzielari

This is only 6 races... which we "show" you. Belive me.. the most interesting ones are still hiden... and it will be something like 10 humanoids// 10 very alien races.

Thangulhad
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Thangulhad » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:43 am

JMPlus wrote:Personally, i'm very disappointed by this first race with his taurus (earth inspiration) look.
For example, for a warrior race, i'd prefer a race who come from a planet with high gravity or a toxic planet and who have developed a strong body defense or similar.
My 2 cents...

Recall races evolve based on successful genetic mutations. It would not be far-fetched to have some simularities from one planet to another, simply from the fact that this implies a successful genetic mutation.

Note I am not saying ALL evolution would be identical, but seeing something similar, even in some features can and should be expected.
-Thangulhad

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby May Player » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:41 am

Thangulhad wrote:
JMPlus wrote:Personally, i'm very disappointed by this first race with his taurus (earth inspiration) look.
My 2 cents...

Recall races evolve based on successful genetic mutations. It would not be far-fetched to have some simularities from one planet to another, simply from the fact that this implies a successful genetic mutation.

Note I am not saying ALL evolution would be identical, but seeing something similar, even in some features can and should be expected.

Are you implying that in our Galaxy, the same, programmed genetic material got spread and similar genetic mutations should be happening everywhere? :shock:

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:12 am

Remember Star Trek The Next Generation : The Chase ? ;)

Some people wants more humanoid races, some people wants more totally alien races. We have to satisfy both sides. There will be update about races for some time.

Return to “Races”