The Brutas

Cruxador
Hearty Supporter
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:46 am

Re: The Brutas

Postby Cruxador » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:48 am

May Player wrote:
Thangulhad wrote:
JMPlus wrote:Personally, i'm very disappointed by this first race with his taurus (earth inspiration) look.
For me, a alien race does not have to be similar at something we already know.
For example, for a warrior race, i'd prefer a race who come from a planet with high gravity or a toxic planet and who have developed a strong body defense or similar.
My 2 cents...


Recall races evolve based on successful genetic mutations. It would not be far-fetched to have some simularities from one planet to another, simply from the fact that this implies a successful genetic mutation.

Note I am not saying ALL evolution would be identical, but seeing something similar, even in some features can and should be expected.


Are you implying that in our Galaxy, the same, programmed genetic material got spread and similar genetic mutations should be happening everywhere? :shock:

I'm pretty sure he's just talking about parallel evolution.

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator
Posts: 664
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:47 am

Re: The Brutas

Postby May Player » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Calavero wrote:Remember Star Trek The Next Generation : The Chase ? ;)

Some people wants more humanoid races, some people wants more totally alien races. We have to satisfy both sides. There will be update about races for some time.


Yes, I really enjoyed 'The chase'. The same what the new movie 'Prometheus' is about; spreading genetic material..
It would be so cool for instance, playing as human, to discover another genetically Human race out there.. 8-)

Asmodan
Hearty Supporter
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Re: The Brutas

Postby Asmodan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Calavero, just to clarify: there won't be an update about races for some time or there will be one shortly? I am really curios about your plans.

Calavero
Site Admin
Posts: 1787
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: The Brutas

Postby Calavero » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:51 pm

Asmodan wrote:Calavero, just to clarify: there won't be an update about races for some time or there will be one shortly? I am really curios about your plans.


We will official announce our plans for 2 next updates.. in next update ;)
And unofficial ;) We want to show you there: 1.SHIPS 2. RACES.
M.O.R.E. under construction

Thangulhad
Ideas & Texts Creator
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:16 pm
Location: Village of Lakewood, IL

Re: The Brutas

Postby Thangulhad » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:22 am

May Player wrote:
Thangulhad wrote:
JMPlus wrote:Personally, i'm very disappointed by this first race with his taurus (earth inspiration) look.
For me, a alien race does not have to be similar at something we already know.
For example, for a warrior race, i'd prefer a race who come from a planet with high gravity or a toxic planet and who have developed a strong body defense or similar.
My 2 cents...


Recall races evolve based on successful genetic mutations. It would not be far-fetched to have some simularities from one planet to another, simply from the fact that this implies a successful genetic mutation.

Note I am not saying ALL evolution would be identical, but seeing something similar, even in some features can and should be expected.


Are you implying that in our Galaxy, the same, programmed genetic material got spread and similar genetic mutations should be happening everywhere? :shock:


No...it is a matter of evolution. Pay attention to what works and does not work in biological development. The point is some design ideas of genetic development will occur in some sort of repeated manner. Why? Simply because it worked and gave that species some advantage. Recall and genetic development that occurs will be typically carried on due to success of the mutation for survival and reproduction.
-Thangulhad

Asmodan
Hearty Supporter
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Re: The Brutas

Postby Asmodan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:41 am

Calavero, I am officially looking forward to it! ;)

GoranXII
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:35 am

Re: The Brutas

Postby GoranXII » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:11 pm

I'm seeing what appears to me to be a bull with split forelegs, which leaves me wondering how these things got as far as stone knifes, much less spaceships.

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator
Posts: 664
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:47 am

Re: The Brutas

Postby May Player » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:08 pm

GoranXII wrote:I'm seeing what appears to me to be a bull with split forelegs, which leaves me wondering how these things got as far as stone knifes, much less spaceships.


I think it was covered in one of the posts here. In summary, species which have developed intelligence, brain power, could live in some kind of symbiosis with another species who can do the 'manual labor'. This idea got covered in so many sci-fi books and films, that any sci-fi fan should easily open his/her mind and accept/follow up on this idea.

Asmodan
Hearty Supporter
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Re: The Brutas

Postby Asmodan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:28 pm

What I do not understand is why so many people seem so keen on having hands for aliens otherwise they are not capable of building anyhting. I could easily imagine how aliens have built things without hands. ;)

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator
Posts: 664
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:47 am

Re: The Brutas

Postby May Player » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Exactly! All what is needed is a little bit of imagination and this should not be hard for a sci-fi fan ;)


Return to “Races”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest