The Brutas

JTL

Re: The Brutas

Postby JTL » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:17 pm

As i See the Brutas they themselfs seem not to be fit for a Normal Evolution but instead they could be Genetically Modified from a Peacfull Cow like Creature for War Purposes. In this war the Brutas must be Made more Inteligent to be more effective Soldiers and it Snowballed. After they won the War they Turned themselfs against their Creators and Enslaved or Enforced their Will open Them to do the Labor Work and they themselfs would be the Only Army / Weapon for Deffence and Attack. That would Secure their Power and Rulership over their Creators.

knightdt
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby knightdt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:03 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI

*Not spam, it fits the thread... just watch and enjoy

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby May Player » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:58 pm

@knightdt - it was to funny to watch again..
@Mayestro - I think all the questions will be answered in the background stories for each race. Why the Brutaas are 'warlike'? They look like bulls so maybe they like bullying others? ;).
It looks like any race to survive needs to be warlike. If it is not, then the history of such a race is very short...
Last edited by May Player on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maestro

Postby Maestro » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Well for example, if their front 4 hooves are cloven hooves they may have a far greater manual dexterity than immediate appearances would suggest.

If war were not simply an imperative but a cultural norm, perhaps the name "Brutas" is a name perpetuated by the victorious empire if many world wars. The name itself was a warning to its own subjects against rebellion. The warrior tradition only continues after first contact with aliens.

Teleros
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Teleros » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Maestro wrote:I'd be interested to know how they evolved - how they manipulate complicated machines without grasping implements (hooves aren't great for doing anything more than pushing buttons!)

First thing I thought when I saw those pictures as well :ugeek: .
Clear ether!

Starman

Postby Starman » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:21 am

I think they're cool , I think they got something demonic about them in appearance ( they look more like demons to me than bovine aliens ) and I think they'll rock.

Are you planning to make them a general menace race type like the Drengin from Gal Civ for ex ? because I sense there's much accent placed on them.

I think each of them races should receive a fairly amount of attention because they all are really kickass.
For one I'd like to find out more about the Arranos instead :D and Terrans too.
Really curious how the humans are gonna be in this game but I sense they gonna be really original.

And , maybe it's just me but i can swear I've seen someplace aliens that look like the Skiteli , but i really can't put my finger on it

Teleros
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Teleros » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:43 pm

Starman wrote:Are you planning to make them a general menace race type like the Drengin from Gal Civ for ex ? because I sense there's much accent placed on them.

AFAIK there's no campaign planned yet, so it's just a case of 20 different races all emerging at roughly the same time & off to build empires. If a campaign DLC *is* made though... well frankly I don't think *anyone* has any idea who the good & bad guys will be :P .

Starman wrote:I think each of them races should receive a fairly amount of attention because they all are really kickass.

That's the plan.

Starman wrote:And , maybe it's just me but i can swear I've seen someplace aliens that look like the Skiteli , but i really can't put my finger on it

The Kickstarter video :P .
Clear ether!

Return to “Races”