What about StarCities dweller race?

michalbs87

What about StarCities dweller race?

Postby michalbs87 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:32 pm

I've got that idea from stargate.I think that would be cool to create a species which would live only in spacefarring StarCities, remnants of old civilization. These race can have own small technology tree which would reveal lost knowledge from ancients regarding to these StarCities. For example at start would be possible to build more Starcities by extracting materials from planetoids and ship wrecks. After that by exploiting planets and lowering their richness or something like that. Last technology could be turning whole planet into building material or conversion star energy into building material.
There are many many sci-fi technologies which could be used in starcities (cloaking, drones, warping to another starcities thru artifical wormholes) and such race can be very unique. Race itself could be star civilization last remnants or cybernetic remnant of their technology like nanobots or droids as well as some random species which just found Astrocity.
Actually I am dreaming about such species in that game. The thing is that every 4x sci-fi game focused on planet colonizing and its kinda boring. Galaxy is much more than rocksolid spheres. The interaction with other races could be dependant on how we make Astrocities. If we develop technology which alows to convert gas giants into building material for ours StarCities all species which are native for that type of planet could be converted into lethal enemies of us.

Just an Idea :)

Teleros
Ideas & Texts Creator

Re: What about StarCities dweller race?

Postby Teleros » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:39 am

If these star cities are intended to be in space rather than on a planet... check out the Hvalur ;) . They're fairly close to this ideal I think, what with living in asteroid belts and (eventually) able, IIRC, to demolish planets for building materials etc.
Clear ether!

michalbs87

Postby michalbs87 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:34 pm

michalbs87 wrote:Thanks for reply. I'm gona check this but I hope Hvalur is not race of space Amoebas (which actually could be interesting option) ;)

Ok I've checked Hvalur. They are Space Amoebas. I was rather thinkig of something like Quarians from Mass Effect. Advanced spacefaring race living in massive spaceships designed as cities for living and acompaning fleet of other ships. In mind comes Battlestar Galactica and their journey. I think it can be interesting option unlike other rather static races which poses planets.

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:19 am

So you should check Velmenese race :)
M.O.R.E. under construction

Return to “Races”