What aspects should be same/different between the races?

Tel
Ideas & Texts Creator

Re: What aspects should be same/different between the races?

Postby Tel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:49 pm

and you don't need too many different techs, only a few can make a difference strategically, some examples:
- imagine a race specific tech (energy shield mastery) that allows to re-direct energy from the engines (let's say up to half their movement points in a turn) to recharge the dropped shields...
- imagine a race specific tech (focused fire) that every three turns gives them 100% chance to hit and increased damage...
- imagine forty or sixty such techs, some for combat, some planetary or espionage (just 2 or 3 per race) how different they make combat tactics and the whole game experience.

Lupusam
Hearty Supporter

Postby Lupusam » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:24 pm

Would race-specific techs be available through trade? For example, if I was playing as the Zientzielari and was friendly with the Myrmecians, would I be able to aquire Myrmecian technology?

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby May Player » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Lupusam wrote:Would race-specific techs be available through trade? For example, if I was playing as the Zientzielari and was friendly with the Myrmecians, would I be able to aquire Myrmecian technology?

Old tech or non-military can be traded, but not something so new, that gives an advantage for the race who developed it... MOO2 had it so right; conquering planet produced nice techs..
Some race-specific tech should stay just for the race as operational limitations would be in place. Imagine techs operated by insects... Or by telepathic races... Or the mega-miles... Tech specific to biologies...

Asmodan
Hearty Supporter

Postby Asmodan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:55 am

May player, you would not trade military tech, even in an alliance? But you are right, race specific tech should not be tradable.

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby May Player » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:23 am

Asmodan wrote:May player, you would not trade military tech, even in an alliance? But you are right, race specific tech should not be tradable.

In multiplayer mode - yes, I would, but only in the unbreakable one. Otherwise what would stop someone to get into alliance with me just to get the tech?

The above applies to Newest military techs, older ones are fine in any case. Don't even have to be allied to make a good exchange..

Asmodan
Hearty Supporter

Postby Asmodan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:00 pm

Ok, got your point.

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:01 pm

How Multimiles Hvalurs with bioship can implement nanotechnology Myrmecians mini missles?
How crystal Lithodoros can implement Zientzielari mindlink?
etc.

No, race specific techs won't be tradable.
M.O.R.E. under construction

Asmodan
Hearty Supporter

Postby Asmodan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:04 pm

What about this idea: race specific techs are not tradable but you can spy on them and thereby gain an advantage over the specific race. Take e.g. this mindlink. By knowing the way it works you could get an espionage bonus. Or if the tech is about better ship hulls you get an attack advantage.

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Asmodan wrote:What about this idea: race specific techs are not tradable but you can spy on them and thereby gain an advantage over the specific race. Take e.g. this mindlink. By knowing the way it works you could get an espionage bonus. Or if the tech is about better ship hulls you get an attack advantage.

It can cause feeling that something is doing not on your eyes and gives us (Devs) a TONS of additional work. I.E. why this ship who last time you have to fire 5 times, now with the same you and opponent tech takes only 3 dmg to kill? Or... how knowing about Zientzielari Mindlink can gain you benefit.. as your race don't know how to use it, block it or do anything with it..

In my opinion it'll only make this game more complicated and not clear to everyone. I really don't have time to discuss this theme, but in spirit of MoO2 Racial Techs will be aviable only for dedicated race.Gameplay will be different in big part to all races because of those unique racial techs.
M.O.R.E. under construction

Asmodan
Hearty Supporter

Postby Asmodan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Calavero, if you don't have time to discuss this, then simply don't do it. We already noted in another thread that a lot of our ideas are simply not feasible but still it is fun to discuss them.

Return to “Races”