Production \ Industry points converted to ICU's

kutch
Hearty Supporter

Production \ Industry points converted to ICU's

Postby kutch » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 am

In the limited games have played as a casual gamer one thing I have to sometimes struggle with is keeping all the factories producing things. However, sometimes have enough ships and buildings and the like that so don't really need to keep focus on production.

One thing which would like to see is the ability to have the industry automatically switch to producing commercial goods (i.e. make ICU's). We will probably have a focus for the planet (or system group), in that can focus on research, ICU's, or production. Using the excess production points to create commercial goods (without switching the focus) would not give as much (on a point to ICU basis) as setting the focus, but it would be good for those of us who are not micromanagers, or simply forget to check things when focus is on something else.

There would be an indicator showing how many production points are being used to generate income automatically so we could either change focus of the planet/system or to start building more things.

Example (just random numbers, but illustrates the point):
Planet 1 - Industry focus
Production points not used: 20
ICU's generated: 7

Planet 2 - ICU focus
Production points not used: 20
ICU's generated: 10

This difference would be due to not switching all the equipment over to commercial use, but keeping everything warmed up for military or building purposes.

Wodzu
Ideas & Texts Creator

Re: Production \ Industry points converted to ICU's

Postby Wodzu » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:47 pm

I am pretty sure that this will be in the game :)

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby May Player » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Managing efficiently and easily the production queues was one of the major selling points of this game. It's right there in the initial kickstarter presentation :)

ANGLVD3TH

Postby ANGLVD3TH » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:49 pm

At the moment I only really play 2 4X games, Civ5 and Endless Space, and both have production swapping, I assumed it was a standard by now. Would be surprised to not see it here.

rabika

Postby rabika » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:12 am

Depends on how the building system works TBH. If MORE goes down the MOO2 route, it won't matter much in that every colony can have every building. However... the idea of customised build lists (again from that thread) is great, and perhaps there could be a simple popup when you look at a colony, telling you what its output is ATM (eg high-production / food / research, and maybe another option for high-defences if you can build extra orbital stations etc).
Download high quality JN0-643 exam to prepare and with 70-336 dumps Also get free demos of Certkiller 642-747 for review of mcitp McDaniel College

Return to “Economy”