Colony filtering

ANGLVD3TH

Colony filtering

Postby ANGLVD3TH » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:54 am

This was touched upon in the building thread, but I would like to see it taken another step in being able to manually designate primary purpose for each colony. For example, I have a handful of colonies, including some impressive military factory worlds, and am preparing to go to war. The in-game filter may decide X planet is a food colony, it may even be practically ONLY useful as one, but its near the front line and I want it to make warships. The ability to customize what each planet is designated as would be very nice, and is an idea I can't imagine hasn't been in a game I've played before. Would be so nice in civ to go into a menu, select "science cities" and queue up that new research building I unlocked for all of them at once. Thing is, even if the game provides automatic default designaters, I would like the ability to ultimately decide what each colony is.

Teleros
Ideas & Texts Creator

Re: Colony filtering

Postby Teleros » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Depends on how the building system works TBH. If MORE goes down the MOO2 route, it won't matter much in that every colony can have every building. However... the idea of customised build lists (again from that thread) is great, and perhaps there could be a simple popup when you look at a colony, telling you what its output is ATM (eg high-production / food / research, and maybe another option for high-defences if you can build extra orbital stations etc).
Clear ether!

Crown123

Re: Colony filtering

Postby Crown123 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:49 pm

Thing is, even if the game provides automatic default designaters, I would like the ability to ultimately decide what each colony is.

Return to “Economy”