Sharing Production with other Planets

ANGLVD3TH

Re: Sharing Production with other Planets

Postby ANGLVD3TH » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:41 am

Even if the tech could eventually do that, I'm not sure that it would work for game balance. Now you shove all the production from a galaxy spamming empire into just the worlds that need it... I foresee huge fleets getting pumped out of border (or near border) colonies near whicher front is the most threatened.

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby May Player » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:24 am

Sharing production with other planets concept is a great idea as long as its just a minor benefit which won't allow spamming on large scale. I see it like this:
1) research tech like Galactic Trade/Support lines
2) start with 1 line, then after 2 new planets get line#2, after 4,8,16,32 etc get extra line
3) establish trade/support line for ie. 20 turns, then re-establish or change destination
4) line with own planet would send there ie. 10 units of production + Galactic Credits
5) line with other empire or independent world brings more GC + happiness + diplomatic relations

Depending what concepts will be implemented in M.O.R.E., there could be various benefits linked to such trade lines.
Benefits like:
Money
Happiness
Culture
Religion
Spying
Diplomatic relations
Foreign techs

VenomStorm
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby VenomStorm » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Yes, this is the most I'd be willing to allow. It would be a useful benefit, but not a complete game changer. Angel is right, you don't want to create a system that requires you to ship production to be competitive. You don't want it to break the game either.

Return to “Economy”