Economic Graphs/Reports

Protagonist

Economic Graphs/Reports

Postby Protagonist » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:53 pm

Graphs and reports are key when it comes to your empire economy. I like to see Colony Maintenance, Ship Maintenance, Ship Building Costs, Colony Building Costs, Trade Revenue (internal), Taxes, Alliance/Foreign Trade, Research, ect as a full break down.

Reports and break downs like that help me make decisions on what to do next where to focus ect.

May Player
Ideas & Texts Creator

Re: Economic Graphs/Reports

Postby May Player » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Detailed info is a must and I think ideaLCentre already wants that to be included. It's in the presentation on kickstarter..

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Yes, we want to include many things in our game... but also we want to hear our community opinion... what is the most important for you.
M.O.R.E. under construction

Tiberius

Postby Tiberius » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:42 am

Please give more than just qualitative descriptions in the game. We want the actual numbers!

It's sooooo lame when you're trying to optimize your empire, but the best description you get for a tech, building, or any other modifier is something like: "increases trade income". That's completely useless.

Also, if you use numerical values that aren't intuitively meaningful, please explain somewhere how those numbers are used.

For example, in MoO2 the game didn't explain how Beam Attack and Beam Defense were used to calculate chance to hit.

(I evetually found this article explaining how those numbers were used, and it is actually quite an elegant system. I'd be happy to see something like it in M.O.R.E.)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/197873-maste ... faqs/16743)

Protagonist

Postby Protagonist » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:51 am

Tiberius wrote:Please give more than just qualitative descriptions in the game. We want the actual numbers!

It's sooooo lame when you're trying to optimize your empire, but the best description you get for a tech, building, or any other modifier is something like: "increases trade income". That's completely useless.

Also, if you use numerical values that aren't intuitively meaningful, please explain somewhere how those numbers are used.

For example, in MoO2 the game didn't explain how Beam Attack and Beam Defense were used to calculate chance to hit.

(I evetually found this article explaining how those numbers were used, and it is actually quite an elegant system. I'd be happy to see something like it in M.O.R.E.)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/197873-maste ... faqs/16743)

/agree

Return to “Economy”