Startegic Resources

Brasidas2000

Startegic Resources

Postby Brasidas2000 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:19 am

Is there going to be any attempt to generate a scramble for resources based upon limited availability? This is also a useful mechanic to enable trading partnerships or resource wars.

Calavero
Site Admin

Re: Startegic Resources

Postby Calavero » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:37 am

In M.O.R.E. game we will have only 1 "unlimited" resource... at least in its core version.

But one of our future DLC will be about extended economy, and there will be more resources, and some of them will be limited or very rare :)
M.O.R.E. under construction

nickcnew

Postby nickcnew » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:35 pm

Hi,
Will resources be available Empire wide straightaway or will we need to mine and then transport them to Industrial Worlds on Transport Ships?

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:57 pm

nickcnew wrote:Hi,
Will resources be available Empire wide straightaway or will we need to mine and then transport them to Industrial Worlds on Transport Ships?

Hello.
You'll have to mine resources, and then they will be transported on freigher ships through empire.
But this transport will take place in background and it will be instantly - like food transport in MoO2.

kandiser
Hearty Supporter

Postby kandiser » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:36 am

I don't think, resources and mining are a bad idea, if easy to handle. Can one guard this resources and when yes, how? Please not like GalCiv with endless constructor ships. Maybe a self-upgrading starbase would be good.
There is a god and HE LOVES YOU! Look at the bible, John 3:16.

kandiser
Hearty Supporter

Postby kandiser » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:29 pm

Sensible, actual strategical resources would be chemical elements for fuel (maybe several possible!) for the ships and chemical elements to the energy production for the colonies. Perhaps, also the valuable elements as a commodity, e.g., for jewellery which generate income of tourism or which raise the income by commercial treaties or by the population. Or chemical elements, to the owner other advantages grant (quicker growth in population, research bonus, production bonus, agriculture bonus, spy bonus).

One should be able to act with strategical resources anyway with other races. Unique deliveries as well as continuous deliveries of resources should be possible. Thus makes peace hold with other races more fun and sense.

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:37 pm

@kandiser
Right now we don't want to over complicate M.O.R.E. .. so we will have only 1 resource to mine ;) Later - in future DLC we plan to add other resources too.. but we don't know yet how many of them and which ;)

kandiser
Hearty Supporter

Postby kandiser » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:10 pm

Yes. This are only suggestions for a DLC. I hope, some of this ideas find there way in a DLC. :) I think, exactly a bigger selection of strategical resources in lesser occurrence make them so valueable, especially for trading. Resources for energie and fuel for example should occur more often then resources with a special advantage.

Maybe for essential resources is this not the right game. This would be more micromanagement and one has to guard every resource field. The players would try at first to destroy all mining stations, because then the enemy can nothing do anymore and is defeated.

Calavero wrote:Right now we don't want to over complicate M.O.R.E.

I agree completely.

Calavero wrote: .. so we will have only 1 resource to mine

Oh, there is already a resource. Hm. Is it essential or optional? Hm. Just one single resource can change a lot of the gameplay. Will the game feel like MoO 2 yet? Do we need to build mass of mining stations? Will the own portion of the resource in the whole occurence decide on victory or defeat like in many real time-strategy games?

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:00 am

kandiser wrote:
Calavero wrote: .. so we will have only 1 resource to mine

Oh, there is already a resource. Hm. Is it essential or optional? Hm. Just one single resource can change a lot of the gameplay. Will the game feel like MoO 2 yet? Do we need to build mass of mining stations? Will the own portion of the resource in the whole occurence decide on victory or defeat like in many real time-strategy games?

it's just overall resource which your miners will mine from planet. The more miners and richer planet.. the more "minerals" you'll get, from which you can produce goods/starships/buildings etc.

I think you have to wait a little more to test M.O.R.E. by yourself. We can't answer those questions, but we are trying to create this game similar to MoO2 :) but.. also improved. We think that's the most of our backers want - and also that's our goal.

kandiser
Hearty Supporter

Postby kandiser » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:01 pm

Calavero wrote: it's just overall resource which your miners will mine from planet. The more miners and richer planet.. the more "minerals" you'll get, from which you can produce goods/starships/buildings etc.

Ok, that sounds good. MORE MoO2-like. Very reassuringly!

Return to “Economy”