4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Have you thought about providing such a feature in research development as giving a cash funding of a specific large amount (to the head scientist) and specifying the AREA of development in which you would like to have some new technologies discovered ? Because of that large funding, the scientists would provide RANDOM specific techs which could be researched (in addition to regular tech tree)
Thangulhad wrote:Ummm...you will have to divert X amount of your economy already to even HAVE research occuring. This doesn't make sense.
I was thinking about something more sophisticated than that.
With receiving one-time large sum of credits, the scientists would be motivated to conduct research on completely new techs which would not be available via regular research. It would be like 'doing research in spare time, hobby etc)
1) getting extra edge, purely by choice, for instance; new rockets 40% more effective
2) promoting saving credits for this and not just pumping all credits into more ships, more buildings etc
3) utilizing extra credits input from ie. finding pirate hiding stash, not just letting it sit, stolen by spies or regular infrastructure building
3) because it is interesting. If someone would not want to use it, fine, give others the freedom to do that
- Ideas & Texts Creator
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:14 pm
- Location: Wisconsin, USA
I like this idea. You can speed up production of buildings and ships by using credits, why can't you speed up development of research with them, too? I.e. You give scientists a certain amount of credits to complete the technology x turns faster. Essentially, they are either working overtime or hire additional, temporary resources.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest