so what about late game crises ?

VoodooDog
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:26 am

so what about late game crises ?

Postby VoodooDog » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:28 am

i think stellaris has a rly good idea here.

what do you think about adding some dangerous techs wich, in the end, can become very deadly for the whole galaxy.
or some extragalactic threats, invading the galaxy because someone used a weapon (planet/system destroyer) or engine wich disturbs the spacetime to much.

i think thats an awesome way to work against this "i have to clear up all the remaining empires in order to "win" the game" and it keeps the game enjoyable even in the endgame stages"

Calavero
Site Admin
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: so what about late game crises ?

Postby Calavero » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:06 pm

VoodooDog wrote:i think stellaris has a rly good idea here.

I didn't play stellaris, so thank you for this topic and info.

VoodooDog wrote: what do you think about adding some dangerous techs wich, in the end, can become very deadly for the whole galaxy.

This kind of weapon will be Stellar Converter. If used on star, it will destroy whole star system... This can become very dangerous problem in late game.

VoodooDog wrote: or some extragalactic threats
We will have such alien race. We think about other race ... something like 8472 from StarTrek Voy, or "Sphere Builders" and Delphic Expanse from ST:Ent.

VoodooDog wrote: engine wich disturbs the spacetime to much.
we haven't planed such feature.... but maybe we will add something like this. An area where ships will move much slower.

In M.O.R.E. there will be also big change when Dyson Spheres will be introduced.
Also we are thinking about big space continuum explosion(s) which will shift some star system positions.

Any other ideas?
M.O.R.E. under construction

VoodooDog
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:26 am

Re: so what about late game crises ?

Postby VoodooDog » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:44 pm

u didnt play stellaris because its release date is the 9th may :p

We will have such alien race. We think about other race ... something like 8472 from StarTrek Voy, or "Sphere Builders" and Delphic Expanse from ST:Ent.

that sounds cool. will this be like the antares from moo2?
if so.. try to think about a version where the whole galaxy have to work together in order to eliminate this threat.
so you have to think about (will u insta ally everyone to eliminate them as soon as possible or do you try to risk to wait a lil bit, in the hopes they will crush your most fearsome enemy in the galaxy).

Calavero
Site Admin
Posts: 1774
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: so what about late game crises ?

Postby Calavero » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:26 pm

VoodooDog wrote:u didnt play stellaris because its release date is the 9th may :p

We will have such alien race. We think about other race ... something like 8472 from StarTrek Voy, or "Sphere Builders" and Delphic Expanse from ST:Ent.

that sounds cool. will this be like the antares from moo2?
if so.. try to think about a version where the whole galaxy have to work together in order to eliminate this threat.
so you have to think about (will u insta ally everyone to eliminate them as soon as possible or do you try to risk to wait a lil bit, in the hopes they will crush your most fearsome enemy in the galaxy).


oh.. ok :)

And yes, we will try to make our "Antarans" more visible with bigger impact on galaxy that it was in Moo2
M.O.R.E. under construction

Andzo
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:20 pm

Re: so what about late game crises ?

Postby Andzo » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:22 am

Maybe a species in a form of virus? When it gets to the planet then kills 95% planet population. The rest 5% may live normally (or with any modifier). The problem is when citizens of infected planet try to go to not infected planet, then the virus kills 95% of population of the new planet.

Infected planet cannot be ruled by the mother race because its social structure was destroyed. Citizens of that planet have to build its own society. They cannot live with peace with other races because other races are afraid of them.

The new empire maybe won't have superior techs but it may easly expand to the new planets. To stop them you have to isolate all its planets and bombard them (strictly) to not leave anyone live. Colonization of those planets will be dangerous because the virus may reactivate.

After the war, all infected planets will be lost permanently. It may dramatically change balance of power in the galaxy.

Namasuke
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:35 pm

Re: so what about late game crises ?

Postby Namasuke » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:11 pm

I like this game a lot of pretty good content.


Return to “Game Logic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest