Predestination

If you want to inform M.O.R.E. community about other game.
salvo
Hearty Supporter

Predestination

Postby salvo » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:52 pm

hi,

may I direct your attention to another promising indie space 4x game which asks for support on kickstarter?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nyp ... ategy-game

kspn
Ideas & Texts Creator

Re: Predestination

Postby kspn » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:38 pm

You are an evil person, that game looks interesting
No Coffee, No workee!

Martok
Hearty Supporter

Postby Martok » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:52 am

Yeah, I already put in my pledge for that one as well (I've kept half an eye on Predestination for some months now). I'm just a sucker for these types of games!

Thangulhad
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Thangulhad » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:39 pm

I saw this game shortly after it was posted (I am a kickstarter junkie). I think the game has an interesting concept of compartmentalizing continents/cities on planets, but that is about it. The game is lacking or going in wrong directions on nearly every other front. I'm sorry, but this is another MoO3 at best...
-Thangulhad

Tel
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Tel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:40 pm

someone has to try very hard to even come close to the extend MoO3 failed, and I mean really-really TRY ;)
it should have been called "master turn clicker", a game enjoying itself by default, it didn't even need a player to play with it...

Merlex

Postby Merlex » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:37 pm

Thangulhad wrote:The game is lacking or going in wrong directions on nearly every other front. I'm sorry, but this is another MoO3 at best...

In what ways?

From what i've seen, i like it. Turn- based 4x, sandbox, turn- based tactical fleet battles, custom races, custom ships, and planetary exploration. I don't really see any comparison to MOO3. Like M.O.R.E., they are inspired by MOO2.

They have smaller potential galaxies than M.O.R.E. Currently, there are only 5 designed races vs M.O.R.E.'s 20, and half a dozen ship sizes vs. M.O.R.E.'s ten. But multiple planetary cities, colony blueprints, multiple resources, and targeted bombing are big pluses in my book. It has enough of the good 4x features, with enough differences from M.O.R.E., to make it a good second.
Gold Digital Supporter

Gazz

Postby Gazz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:11 am

The turn-off for me is that their main focus is all on LAN / hotseat / multiplayer stuff. Those are their most important stretch goals.
Since that will be worthless to me, it doesn't look like my type of game.

Return to “Advertisements”