Master of Orion - Conquer the stars

If you want to inform M.O.R.E. community about other game.
kandiser
Hearty Supporter

Re: Master of Orion - Conquer the stars

Postby kandiser » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Yes. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Please share also the current progress with us continuous.
There is a god and HE LOVES YOU! Look at the bible, John 3:16.

Jeffbg
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Jeffbg » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:06 am

It is too early to say, but it may well be a great game. It is definitely closer to a reduced MOO 2 (it has fewer races) DLC than a true MOO 4. UBI tried this with their Might and Magic 10 release; while mildly entertaining it was not the game the fans wanted. Still it will be worth a look; when it is released. It seems they plan on a DLC to be released later that adds in the MOO 2 races; so though it will be smaller than MORE, it does sound like it will be worth a look.

Fletchette

Postby Fletchette » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:32 am

One thing MORE has going for it is that it's NOT MoO. I say this having loved MoO2 in its time, but you know that remakes usually have to run the gauntlet between die-hard fans of the series and newcomers who don't feel any allegiance to an old game or maybe don't understand the hype of a beloved original. For example, I had mixed feelings about the XCOM Enemy Unknown since I had played all the older incarnations and had certain expectations that were not met. I loved the tactical combat of the new XCOM but hated the dumbed-down strategic element in comparison to the original.

Fortunately, MORE doesn't come with this kind of baggage. I think a closer, more contemporary comparison would be the Mandate, though the release of that game got pushed back quite a bit after it got picked up by a bigger publisher. As it is, I backed that game as well as MORE because I think there's room for more than one X4 space game :D

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:44 pm

You are right, we wanted to create MoO2 successor, not just some refreshed MoO clone with new graphic etc.

As for Mandate and MORE, both games are very different from each other that's why we supported and helped each other during our KickStarter campaigns.
M.O.R.E. under construction

VoodooDog

Postby VoodooDog » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:20 am

i was so hyped when they announced the game...
but sadly the game will be a sick and useless joke :(

Kreissig

Postby Kreissig » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:24 pm

Yea....I have to agree with VooDooDog, this new MoO project looks like another weak attempt to sooth the space-game hardcores with a board gamesque, 5$, Steam special. :|

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:34 pm

I have the same feeling. But I'm not an objective person in this case...

I wish MoOR all the best.. but still I hope and belive that MORE will be better.

Grotesque

Postby Grotesque » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:46 am

This remake will not have tactical combat. :)

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:47 am

Grotesque wrote:This remake will not have tactical combat. :)

:shock: ??? I don't belive it.
Do you have official source for this info?

Grotesque

Postby Grotesque » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:35 am

https://archive.is/dE74m

From the article:

He uses ship design and tactical battles as an example.
"I think that was a mistake made by some of these [later 4X] games," he said. "They thought that was a key feature that was going to bring a lot of people in. [But] you can only focus on so many things. If you focus on everything, it becomes too complex. It's unmanageable. Unwieldy. If you do a deep-dive on only a few things, they have to relate directly to what the player is doing. So while there are a lot of players that played tactical battles, there's not that many. It's about 10% of the players. So if you deep dive on that, you're wasting a lot of resources [that could have gone] to something that's really more important to the gameplay."

It seems that the tactical combat is not "ditched" but they choose not to "deep dive" in it. So we'll have to see whatever that means. They have ship models because they've showed them so some sort of combat will be in the game I guess.
The first article comment said the tactical combat is ditched but I guess it's not that clear.
Sorry for the misinformation.

Return to “Advertisements”