Master of Orion - Conquer the stars

If you want to inform M.O.R.E. community about other game.
Calavero
Site Admin

Re: Master of Orion - Conquer the stars

Postby Calavero » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:22 pm

ahh.. ok, no problem.
Thank you for link.

I still think, that only us creating M.O.R.E. are trying to give space 4x new quality of gameplay...
M.O.R.E. under construction

Teleros
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Teleros » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:23 pm

Grotesque wrote:It's about 10% of the players

I remember reading that bit, and... okay, just how the hell did they determine that figure? Because it's not like MoO2 has fancy Steam or Origin statistics to help this dev team determine such stuff.

Honestly, this (and various other things for MoO:CtS I've seen) suggest they're dumbing down a lot and relying on the MoO name to sell copies (ohai MoO3...). Thankfully Steam has a new refund policy in place so if it sucks hard after a few hours of play I can at least get my money back if there's no demo version.
Clear ether!

Grotesque

Postby Grotesque » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:50 pm

Teleros wrote:[...] a few hours of play I can at least get my money back if there's no demo version.

You only have 2 hours of gameplay to make up your mind :)

Grotesque

Postby Grotesque » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RUz80MUK_s

So that's all the combat this game will have?

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:38 pm

Grotesque wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RUz80MUK_s

It's simulation combat.. so tactical combat will be different ;)
Anyway, from this video.. I love 3D animations from them but game.. hmmm.. I don't know too much about it, but from what I see, it's... nahh.. :P

Grotesque

Postby Grotesque » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:49 pm

Calavero wrote:
Grotesque wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RUz80MUK_s

It's simulation combat.. so tactical combat will be different ;)

So while there are a lot of players that played tactical battles, there's not that many. It's about 10% of the players. So if you deep dive on that, you're wasting a lot of resources [that could have gone] to something that's really more important to the gameplay."

Do you know from other sources that there will more to combat than this?
Because from the quote above I understand that the game will not support tactical combat.

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:19 pm

No.. I only know as much as you.. but if there is "Combat simulation" I think that there will be tactical battle. If not.... .. uhhhh.. anyway... I don't know why big studios don't create ambitious game.. only all the time the same with better graphic :P

JPTS
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby JPTS » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:02 am

Re-imaging something that is considered almost perfect by many... What could possibly go wrong?

Grotesque

Postby Grotesque » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:51 pm

Some Q&A:
Q: Tactical Battles:
A: They are definetely in and will play an important part in MoO

Q: Will there be a planet\colony picture
A: Player can observe planes from three points: traditional - from the star map, close-up, where planet oribiting a star and nearby planets\sattelites and moons are shown, and finally a closeup of a colony management with buildings interface. Directly planet surface are shown only during colonization.

Q: Will there be antiTerraformation if races prefer different condition
A: Some races could change planets to some margin, improve the biomes but that counts as terraforming.

Q: Custom races?
A: Yes. But race picture and model could only be based on exiting models due to shift from 2D pictures to 3D.

Q: Will research be different from MoO2?
A: Yes, new MoO fill feature a new research system that took some aspect from previous iterations. It'll look like a branching tree.

Q: What new features to expect?
A: A lot of small changes. Each game function have been analized and tweaked in some way. For example player could expect AI races to behave like their archetype\background and story. Economy, for example, saw only minor changes from MoO1 and MoO2, yet some new features have been added, like gas giants and asteroid bases, ability to "unite economy of several planets", etc.

Q: Will there be governors and fleet leaders?
A: We like the idea.

Q: Will MoO be ported into tablet platforms?
A: Will be decided later after initial PC release.

Q: What is the level of old MoO team involvelemt?
A; All major decisions should be approved by original 5-man team. Regular communications via mail, skype and some who leave near Austin visit the studio often for consultations. For example art director (Jeff Dee) changed a lot in race leaders' apearance.

Roadie

Postby Roadie » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:13 pm

[color=#400080]"Grotesque wrote:
It's about 10% of the players

Teleros wrote:
I remember reading that bit, and... okay, just how the hell did they determine that figure? Because it's not like MoO2 has fancy Steam or Origin statistics to help this dev team determine such stuff."
[/color]

I remember threw the alpha and beta stages of Star Docks Galactic civilizations 3 that the Devs stated that only 13% of gamers are considered "hardcore" As in likes micromanagement and being in full control. Quite a few of us pushed for more control over battles and being able to destroy and build planets and so forth like moo2. It would always be shot down; The bottom line was the same as stated in this thread, there is no real money or sale potential in catering to the 13%. I am not exactly sure were Star Dock has gotten all their figures but they have also been tracking what people have done in Galciv3 so far.
Now in #3 they are able too collect data themselves and see how people play the game and also for the data driven AI.
I cannot find the exact post but 80% of people play the game on easy and about the same never even finish a whole game. This is the funny part because people were complaining the AI was too easy,,,,

All I know is when you remove the control and ability to micro manage like in Moo2 or X-com the soul of the game just seems to be missing. Its like riding a rollercoster verses driving a car. Only if there was a toggle switch for casual and hardcore on games then everyone would be happy. Problem is , who wants to pay for the features only 10-13% enjoy. All I know is that the 10-13% is probably the backers on this game because we are tired of dumbed down strategy games that do not immerse you. I have followed this game , M.O.R.E. , for a few years now and just from what I have seen it feels like there is a soul in this game and I like what I am hearing about staying on "target".

My hopes for MOO2R are not very high just because of the 10-13% factor and how that affects a company that is share holder based. My hope is in the independents and M.O.R.E.

Return to “Advertisements”