Current Status of M.O.R.E. Developing

News about our 4x space strategy turn based game.

Sturmir
Ideas & Texts Creator

Re: Current Status of M.O.R.E. Developing

Post by Sturmir » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:49 am

I think the biggest issue is that he isn't living in the cheapest area of Europe (Though he isn't in the most expensive either.) - Where he is at there are no real video game publishers as the industry there is dedicated around... let's say ... 1970s mindsets for industries. Factories, Mills, Shipyards and mines. So most traditional funding sources people would rely on in most places they scoff at there. Hell, if it wasn't for The Witcher, I don't believe anyone would believe that anyone makes money from video games there.

cow3000

Post by cow3000 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:06 pm

So it seems the game is finally dead. I feel sorry for the backers. No money and no game.

Mork from Ork
Ideas & Texts Creator

Post by Mork from Ork » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:52 pm

I respect your opinion, cow3000, but do not agree with it. I believe that game development continues. This is not a corporate thing. It is a creative project. Creative people will continue working on their thoughts and projects as part of their nature. We all made known risky contributions towards development through Kickstarter campaigns. That was our choice. Signs that game development lives on is that the main website is still live as well as this forum. We are just waiting for a return on our contribution. The people who composed ideas for a new type of Space 4X game and have been working on manifesting those ideas for over 7 years now deserve our support and compassion. In the end, it is just a video game, but hopefully one year it will manifest into the awesome Space 4X game that was presented through multiple video clips and website info. I remain a volunteer writer for race histories and in-game text and still enjoy periodically reading through what I have written so far to make improvements because I want to give the game players some really good stories. :) This becomes a creative project for enjoyment and not as a job or to make income. The developers for this game deserve our continued support for they are human beings enduring the ups and downs over 7 years and counting. Volunteer writers still have access to their work, the main website is still live, this Forum site is still live which indicates to me that M.O.R.E. development is still alive. We just have to get on with other aspects of life and keep periodic watch for official announcements. Try to maintain a positive outlook. The core developers who envisioned creating this type of Space 4X game are the ones doing all of the work and enduring the hardships. I keep watch for official announcements on a monthly basis (sometimes weekly--I can't help myself!) while playing other Space 4X games in the meantime.

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Post by MoD256 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:53 pm

Mork from Ork wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:52 pm
I respect your opinion, cow3000, but do not agree with it. I believe that game development continues. This is not a corporate thing. It is a creative project. Creative people will continue working on their thoughts and projects as part of their nature. We all made known risky contributions towards development through Kickstarter campaigns. That was our choice. Signs that game development lives on is that the main website is still live as well as this forum. We are just waiting for a return on our contribution. The people who composed ideas for a new type of Space 4X game and have been working on manifesting those ideas for over 7 years now deserve our support and compassion. In the end, it is just a video game, but hopefully one year it will manifest into the awesome Space 4X game that was presented through multiple video clips and website info. I remain a volunteer writer for race histories and in-game text and still enjoy periodically reading through what I have written so far to make improvements because I want to give the game players some really good stories. :) This becomes a creative project for enjoyment and not as a job or to make income. The developers for this game deserve our continued support for they are human beings enduring the ups and downs over 7 years and counting. Volunteer writers still have access to their work, the main website is still live, this Forum site is still live which indicates to me that M.O.R.E. development is still alive. We just have to get on with other aspects of life and keep periodic watch for official announcements. Try to maintain a positive outlook. The core developers who envisioned creating this type of Space 4X game are the ones doing all of the work and enduring the hardships. I keep watch for official announcements on a monthly basis (sometimes weekly--I can't help myself!) while playing other Space 4X games in the meantime.
+1

I'm also watching here every week or month... and when it takes another 7 years, then it shall be so. I will be happy about every litte step of progress...

Perhaps there will be an playable Alpha/Early Access one day.

Mork from Ork
Ideas & Texts Creator

Post by Mork from Ork » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi MoD256! I also hope we get an Early Access version at some point to begin enjoying the game and also help the developers make faster progress in refining game features based upon player feedback. If the Developers have not given up, I will not give up on them. :D

Mork from Ork
Ideas & Texts Creator

Post by Mork from Ork » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:18 pm

I posted this comment this morning on Kickstarter update #38, but then figured that the developers may not see it out there so am reposting it below.

I noticed Predestination launched two Kickstarter campaigns. One was for overall game development and the second campaign was to help them collect funds to build a 3D ship builder component of the game. I wonder if a similar strategy would work for M.O.R.E. development. If the remaining $500,000 needed for total game development were broken down into the amount needed to fund completion of developmental components it would break the total down to more easily reachable levels. If M.O.R.E. decided to launch addition Kickstart campaigns to gain funds to complete game components like the 3D ship builder, A.I. programming, overall programming, a campaign to complete graphics and programming for a certain number of species, etc. I will definitely support those campaigns. The additional support is not a financial drain as my previous contributions were years ago now. We all have jobs and keep making money. Allowing true supporters to continue sending support would be much appreciated and, together, we could send all or most of the remaining funds to finish the game. I think the best way to do this is to launch additional Kickstarter campaigns to draw contributions to complete specific game components. Then finish the components to build a growing list and reputation of success for completion of the game. Let us fans and supporters work together to get you, developers, what you need to finish the game. Be creative in your thinking. I, and hopefully many others, will work together and provide the remaining needed funding support. The best way is to allow people to help fund component development so as they are finished there is a growing list of successes for the developers. Think about it.

Nekrophiliak

Post by Nekrophiliak » Fri May 03, 2019 6:59 pm

I told you they would never deliver and were going to take the money and run. All these years you told me I was just a troll and they would finish.....lol ya sure, suckers each and every one of you. I paid nothing and I got more fun watching this shit show than any of you got from playing it lol. :lol:

Jeffbg
Ideas & Texts Creator

Post by Jeffbg » Sat May 04, 2019 2:54 am

It is pitiful you find pleasure in such things; there is no point in arguing or trying to reason with one like you. The game may or may not ever be finished, but Marcin did not run off. He still maintains this site; he still keeps in contact with the community. He does not post often as things haven't changed recently. So stay on the side lines and laugh but I for one won't hear you again.

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Post by MoD256 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Jeffbg wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 2:54 am
It is pitiful you find pleasure in such things; there is no point in arguing or trying to reason with one like you. The game may or may not ever be finished, but Marcin did not run off. He still maintains this site; he still keeps in contact with the community. He does not post often as things haven't changed recently. So stay on the side lines and laugh but I for one won't hear you again.
+1

Without us, the pledging and believing people, that you laugh about, Nekrophiliak, the project never would have exist. So I must say here I have spent every dollar without a shade of shame and would do it again, for getting an chance to reach an real well-deserved successor from MoO1/2.

Instead I regret my pledges for Star Citizen more then one time.... 1 part of 250 for Star Citizen would help to finish this possibly great game... and in Star Citizen we wait years over years, burning down millions and further millions of dollars... and even if it gets done, which is not even sure it will never be the "Freelancer 2" I hoped for.