Current Status of M.O.R.E. Developing

News about our 4x space strategy turn based game.
Mork from Ork
Ideas & Texts Creator

Re: Current Status of M.O.R.E. Developing

Post by Mork from Ork » Sun May 05, 2019 3:45 pm

+ 1 support and agreement to what Jeffbg and MoD256 wrote!

The core developer team was very blunt and honest in Kickstarter Update #38 on the amount of money already spent on game development, how much more is needed to finish a playable version, and the fact that they are looking for additional investment. They have never “run off” with money. They are using it for game development. I mean, I have time to work a full-time job and still contribute volunteer time to the game, but I have heard that some programmers and art developers need to be paid a wage so that they can buy food and pay rent. ;) That is primarily where the money goes—to the highly skilled workers.

All of us volunteer writers know the game creator, Calavero, well. The most dedicated writers who are still working on their text for improvements and refinements have had the good opportunity of working and talking with him for years. We know that he is dedicated to achieving his full, original vision for M.O.R.E. and has always battled against any urge to downgrade concepts just for faster production. We know that he and the core developers are friends and remain committed to achieving their vision for a special type (as shown in a multitude of video clips) of Space 4X game. I am proud to support (both with dollars and time) someone with unique vision and dedication like Calavero and his core developer friends. I believe that one day the game will be finished and that they stand by their original scope and vision for the M.O.R.E. Universe.

I have had a health issue pop up that I am dealing with now. In mid-April I had to have a brain tumor removed; tomorrow I start 6-weeks of chemo and radiation treatments to make sure that any remaining tumor cells are killed. With the tumor removed there was a quick return of focused and organized thoughts so I have been using this recovery time from my full-time job to read through my assigned race histories and texts and implement improvements that come to mind. Like all of the volunteer Ideas and Text Creator team members, who I admire and respect, I am committed to delivering content for the game that will enrich the M.O.R.E. Universe and feed fan imagination and interest. No matter what happens with the end result of my health, writing contributions to this special project makes me feel good and proud to be on the volunteer team. Knowing that fans will one day be allowed to read my work and it add to their impression of an interesting new Space 4X game universe fills me with a sense of satisfaction and happiness. Okay, enough writing here. It is time to switch over and get to work on my assignments.

Calavero, I am just one of many people who still supports and believes in your abilities and visions for M.O.R.E.

cgerrr

Post by cgerrr » Tue May 07, 2019 10:36 am

Many people still watching this, me included. Even though I'm not a backer as many others. There is market for this game still: just deliver.

Grotesque

Post by Grotesque » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:40 pm

hello world!

Is the game out yet?
:)

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Post by MoD256 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:51 pm

Grotesque wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:40 pm
hello world!

Is the game out yet?
:)
I need such jokes from time to time... ^^

Knock, knock.... Earth to Calavero... are you alive? :mrgreen:

Whats about using www.patreon.com for further financing the game.... but some playable would be helpful for such idea...

Jeffbg
Ideas & Texts Creator

Post by Jeffbg » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:55 pm

Digital Dragons 2019 has come and gone; so hopefully he will release some information good or bad.

VoodooDog

Post by VoodooDog » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:40 am

it would be highly immoral to beg for more money at this point...

ghmd
Hearty Supporter

Post by ghmd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:57 pm

So the game is still work in progress? o.O
"Look, it's the Antarans!" - "No, just my computer freezing."

VoodooDog

Post by VoodooDog » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:07 pm

no

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Post by MoD256 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:19 am

ghmd wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:57 pm
So the game is still work in progress? o.O
Theoretically yes.... but in lack of money.... practically no.
Calavero developes or wants to developes further for himself and for the backers.... but without team, without money and with limited time... (he has to go working for staying alive) the actual progress is presumably minimal... and without informations about the progress (Calavero unfortunately speaks very little since months), we only can guessing if there is a form of progress or not.
Should one nice day someone finance the project... (at least half an million would be nice, so far I remember) then the game possibly can be finished...but better not to expect the game will release before 2025... Every year before will be an huge success.... and from beginning 2026, without recognizable progress the game/project is buried for me.... and I will begin forgetting all this here.
Last edited by MoD256 on Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghmd
Hearty Supporter

Post by ghmd » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:53 am

He has no team?
Hm ... so no actual work is taking place.
"Look, it's the Antarans!" - "No, just my computer freezing."