Status of current M.O.R.E. development

All about our classic space strategy turn game.
Grotesque

Re: Status of current M.O.R.E. development

Postby Grotesque » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Calavero wrote:Thank you SilasOfBorg.

I work 1X hours last weeks ;)

You worked one hour in the last weeks?
Good to know.

VoodooDog

Postby VoodooDog » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:02 pm

lol dont u get it?

try again, what could x mean?

SilasOfBorg wrote:Your post made me smile.

Anyone who is not patient is by definition no longer following M.O.R.E. :D

If development goes fast, if development goes slow, I will still follow with interest because M.O.R.E. is still an interesting project. You haven't sold out and you haven't pushed yourself so hard that you burned out. Hopefully you still manage some camping now and then to recharge your batteries, or whatever activity you find useful to unplug for a while.

Your habit of frequent, short, status updates - even if there is not much to share - does not go unnoticed. The most rabid haters of a very late game such as At the Gates, turn around and praise M.O.R.E. - even though it is just as late - because of those updates. It is the single most helpful thing you can do to keep people invested - by telling the story of M.O.R.E. in little snippets as it develops, it shows respect for those who have contributed to your vision by keeping them in the loop.

As usual, all the best!

+1
looking forward since 2013 (or so?) to the project and didnt lost my interest in it.
every now and then i read the main page about races, tech and the galaxy and get hyped again.

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:21 pm

Grotesque wrote:
Calavero wrote:Thank you SilasOfBorg.

I work 1X hours last weeks ;)

You worked one hour in the last weeks?
Good to know.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol:
No my friend. I mean 14-17 hours per day :) Indluding weekends :)
M.O.R.E. under construction

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:33 pm

VoodooDog wrote:looking forward since 2013 (or so?) to the project and didnt lost my interest in it.
every now and then i read the main page about races, tech and the galaxy and get hyped again.

It's good to hear that Voodoo. I hope I'll make you all hyped once again in few weeks :)

Grotesque

Postby Grotesque » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:52 pm

VoodooDog wrote:well, for one, big parts of what made MoO2 MoO2 and why ppl are so much hyped about MORE is the multiplayer.
we dream of epic games where my race, lvigin in stars, have epic battles against a friends race who only live in space for example.

and the project space sector game never will deliver that.

another thing is their tech system, in MoO2 you had a hard choice to make in almost every tech, in the SpaceSectorGame you have 4 decisions, and you have no pre warp era.
in MoO2 the prewarp gameplay, yes it was short, was filled with hard decisions as well:
- do i go insta colony ships or do i go hydroponics first?
- maybe not even hydro but biospheres
- do i go automated factories before going colony ship
and so on..

in the typical 4x space game nowadays you start with a colony ship, some other ships and go mindlessly rightclicking stars to find a planet. thats a really bad way to start such a game in my opinion.

I asked you why that project should not be considered a competition for MORE and you start to enumerate the mechanical "bells and whistles" MORE has over that project instead of answering the question because you consider that project to be inferior in almost all aspects so all is left for the 4x genre lovers is to buy, play and appreciate MORE more. Not quite.

There are many accounts in the gaming industry where elaborate, complex and quality games did not received recognition they deserved at the time and not only that, those games were a commercial failure where other games that were promoted more aggressively and more skillful and got the hype train moving, outshined the rest.

So your explanation is quite infantile to put it mildly.
Also the hype for MORE is almost non existent after two kickstarter campaigns with missed deadlines.
All is left for the devs is to communicate faster and better with those who stick with the project in the hope to regain some good will and disenchanted backers. (that underlined term has so much meaning in this context... also not to be mistaken with impatient )

My advice is to stop this circlejerking that's going around here and face some hard facts:
- even if MORE will be a gem of a game that doesn't mean that the 4x enthusiasts population will not be split between other 4x games in the detriment for MORE, games with probably lower complexity but maybe with better flair.
- nowadays (in a saturated industry) to have a good game is not enough, you also must know how to promote it and to constantly engage your followers
- the majority will not even play with MORE's 3D galaxy, one of the hallmarks of MORE

Also competition is anything that you have to split the revenue and recognition with.
It might be a joke to you this direct competition but I sure as hell hope that the devs don't see it as a joke also,
Calavero wrote:but I think Voodoo is right. M.O.R.E. is, and will become something M.O.R.E. :) I'm sorry all of you guys for this quiet time from my side, but soon you'll understand why :)

well okay... in the meantime keep those newly 3D ships well hidden... that's the winning strategy right there! :)

As a bonus, here is an example of a textbook backer discussion engagement method and quick update from a game designer from a big company:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRl4cMWFM_s ... sawyer1975
Yes, that's right! Phone footage taken directly from the monitor. Very high tech!
God forbid we'll also enjoy such footage from MORE development process!

VoodooDog wrote:lol dont u get it?

1x means multiplication by one

SilasOfBorg wrote:Your habit of frequent[...] updates

This is the joke of the day

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Postby MoD256 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:03 am

Grotesque wrote:
VoodooDog wrote:lol dont u get it?

1x means multiplication by one

This is an misunderstanding.
The “x“ was meant as placeholder for an number between 0 and 9.
In this context you can understand that Calavero has spoken from 10 to 19 hours worktime per day.

Grotesque wrote:
SilasOfBorg wrote:Your habit of frequent[...] updates

This is the joke of the day

Even if the frequency is going down in the last months.
Considered over the years of the project it has happen enough and ways more than other kickstarter projects, who give back life signs every quarter of year.

The whole game was designed as a long-term project, but in the beginning no one was sure about that, I guess.

The team had to make his experiences and today it's clear that the developement plan years ago was far far to enthusiastic, for the estimated time and finances.
Now we all can see the finish line in the horizon and don't want to give up before reaching it and when a third kickstarter or whatever will come and is needed to reach the end, I will support the game again.

Don't lost the trust and believe. I hope and think all will come to an good end.

VoodooDog

Postby VoodooDog » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:31 pm

look who is mad because we dont share his hype for this singleplayer game... weird, isnt it?

in a few weeks we get new stuff about more, patiently hyped

Jeffbg
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Jeffbg » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Look Grotesque has several points. This project is past due on all stated goals (in fact well past any reasonable estimate), it has had 2 kickstarters and we are still waiting. The reasons have been stated several times and there is no real point to rehash them. It is likely many of the original contributors will never play the game even/when it is released. Too much time has past and they probably have moved on. I myself may fall in that category if things don't start moving soon and my wait is longer as I must wait for the multiplayer doda to be finished before the aspect of the game that interests me becomes available to test. Then I have to wait for the first DLC to have the previously promised race added to the game. So distracting Calavero and having him explain again the difficulties may placate some but will serve no other purpose. The good news is he is still here, seems optimistic and responding; if he had no interest in finishing he could just stop communicating or the website would have just disappeared.

SilasOfBorg
Hearty Supporter

Postby SilasOfBorg » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:32 am

Grotesque - what an angry and unhelpful post.

If your intent was to come across as an entitled, whiny child, then well done. Perhaps Calavero will slog through the sarcasm and bile and pick out a nugget or two that bears consideration, but there are better ways to get your point across.

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:34 am

Yes. I'm still here and I'll finish M.O.R.E. no matter what. Last weeks I've been busy preparing M.O.R.E. and things surrounding it, to go to full developement speed. I was close to have an agreement with investor and to hire ~6-8 full time people working on this game. Unfortunatelly this vision has blurred in past days. The good thing is that I still have some other contacts and possibilities, and this is the goal which I want now to achieve. Find someone with money, who belives like me in this project. Hire 6-8 full time workers and move on much faster. Right now I'm going to next meeting.

This game sooner or later will become reality.

Return to “M.O.R.E.”