Status of current M.O.R.E. development

All about our classic space strategy turn game.
JPTS
Ideas & Texts Creator

Re: Status of current M.O.R.E. development

Postby JPTS » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:01 pm

boolybooly wrote:Well, if its Paradox watch your back and dont lose track of your budget and production schedule, like Kerberos did. :ugeek:

I hope that is not the case. They just announced that Stellaris will become another of those generic hyperlanes-only games.

We need more games like MoO2. M.O.R.E. will be very welcomed.

VoodooDog

Postby VoodooDog » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am

i also was first like "the game is dead for me". but after thinking about it, i think it can change the game to the better.
for the lore you just say every race is preward and uses these naturally existing lanes. ftl stuff comes later in the game (with jump drives, wormholes and gateways).

stellaris just does not work right now. from the midgame on everything feels shitty. races does not matter, borders does not matter.. nothing really matters. wars? who cares..
i really feel that the hyperlane change could fix all those problems + creates alot of new opportunities for upcoming improvements.

so i played MoO2 2349823 houres and since then i never really liked any 4x space game (hate hyperlanes, hate real time combet etc), but iam very hyped for the next stellaris patch. cheers

JPTS
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby JPTS » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:03 am

Yes, it has many problems now. But they will change a lot of the game, it'll be completely different. Only time will tell how much it will improve. But we've already got many hyperlanes games, so I don't really care about it now. It's a pity we'll lose one that had different options.

So, M.O.R.E. will have an advantage ;)

VoodooDog

Postby VoodooDog » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:48 am

well, did you ready anything about more recently?
since they a new overlord (money giver) everything is silent.
dont put to much hopes into this one ;)

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:34 am

We are still waiting to finalize talks with our PR agency. I don't want to say that we are still working etc. We are. Today we have 16 people working on M.O.R.E. in our office, and other people working remotely.

Ok, I can make 1 big announcement:
A few days ago, we've started our first network game :)

I hope that in 1-2 weeks we will start to communicate on a regular basis. I don't know when exactly we'll make bigger update, in which you'll see progress of our work, although it will be in 2017.
M.O.R.E. under construction

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Postby MoD256 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:44 pm

Calavero wrote:We are still waiting to finalize talks with our PR agency. I don't want to say that we are still working etc. We are. Today we have 16 people working on M.O.R.E. in our office, and other people working remotely.

Ok, I can make 1 big announcement:
A few days ago, we've started our first network game :)

I hope that in 1-2 weeks we will start to communicate on a regular basis. I don't know when exactly we'll make bigger update, in which you'll see progress of our work, although it will be in 2017.

So far, really good news and nice to hear about every progress :D :idea:

Return to “M.O.R.E.”