Status of current M.O.R.E. development

All about our classic space strategy turn game.
MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Re: Status of current M.O.R.E. development

Postby MoD256 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:53 pm

ghmd wrote:Indeed.

At the moment, I don't see the project moving. It's way, way behind schedule considering the initial time table.

Eventually the moves are behind the scene... we only can trust that something is moving forward and brings the game to final destination.

Jeffbg
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Jeffbg » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:52 pm

I guess the PR department has not given the team permission to discuss anything with the long time backers. So we wait.

Grotesque

Postby Grotesque » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:28 pm

I hope to God that around Christmas, Santa will come bearing the gift of a hefty update depicting progress on ALL fronts of developing this game after a year in constant frustration due to watching a slow bureaucratic wheel slowly turning in a cringy creaking manner supported by promises that we were told to take one week but were underwhelming kept after a month or more.

stalelight
Hearty Supporter

Postby stalelight » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:30 pm

Jeffbg wrote:I guess the PR department has not given the team permission to discuss anything with the long time backers. So we wait.

I'd be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement if that's what it took to assist with providing timely & pertinent updates to us!

Grotesque

Postby Grotesque » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:17 pm

https://explorminate.net/2017/06/05/all ... -not-gold/
^a dead MORE is a rushed MORE :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1509461370
^What the hell! MORE is not even on explorminate's list. such coverage!

https://explorminate.net/2015/02/18/why-retro-rules/
^if MORE wants to be a MOO2 killer :)

"One day, Master of Orion 2 and Master of Magic will be well and truly dethroned as the kings of the genre. With the recent resurgence of the genre in the last few years, that day may not be long in coming. But when they abdicate the throne for the next genre-leader, I firmly believe that it will be to a game(s) that have learned from the lessons that Master of Magic and Master of Orion 2 have to teach us about what makes a great 4X game and what we, as players, really want."

Jeffbg
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Jeffbg » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:49 pm

stalelight wrote:I'd be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement if that's what it took to assist with providing timely & pertinent updates to us!

NO; there does not need to be any secret info in the updates. This total silence leads one to believe the project is now controlled by others and not the original creators.

Nekrophiliak

Postby Nekrophiliak » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:33 am

I can't believe this charade is still going.....

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=604&p=6343&hilit=nekrophiliak#p6343

Wow has gone through what, 3 expansions since this started? Hell, Microsoft has gone through what 2 or 3 operating systems.... We will get wow classic and Battle for Azeroth and be playing it on windows 11 before we get answers....you people got took plain and simple! (For that I am sorry bcuz I want a bad ass 4x game as much as the next sap, we deserve it more than any other genre.....) I knew this would happen as it does with every crappy 4x game that has come out in the last 10 years......ugh Cavalero it's pieces of crap like u that have ruined this genre for a passionate loyal and vulnerable fan base.....

We as a community need to do something about these hacks taking our money and crushing our dreams......

Jeffbg
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Jeffbg » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:48 pm

More concerning than the unreasonable silence toward those who have been loyal for so many years; is the fact the silence is causing the mood of the forum to become toxic. There really is no excuse for this silence; even when Calavero was working with just a few; he found the time to keep us informed.

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Postby MoD256 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:56 pm

Jeffbg wrote:More concerning than the unreasonable silence toward those who have been loyal for so many years; is the fact the silence is causing the mood of the forum to become toxic. There really is no excuse for this silence; even when Calavero was working with just a few; he found the time to keep us informed.

+1

At least Calavero should give us an more detailed explanation, why all seems so secretive and why so little and seldom we are getting real updates, with pictures and news.

There was a time (meanwhile much time ago) where information flows better between him and us.
What happend really?

Nekrophiliak

Postby Nekrophiliak » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:55 pm

How much money has this kick starter made? Does that value sound like a value 1 person could have been using as income this entire time, let alone a team of people? This dude took the money and has been casually posting nonsense ever since. This is a team of people supposedly working together, how are they paying their bills? No software project is going to take this long, hell they have an out of the box framework (that has seen multiple versions come and go), this is a shit show plain and simple. I've said it for years, as a matter of fact when I said it the first time I was waiting tables for a living, now I am a software engineer at a fortune 500 company, that is how much time has gone by. I really hate con-artists that abuse the fans of this genre, and there are so many.......When was the last time we got a top quality game, every one of them has been short in some area, how many do you own, all of them probably just like me, how many do we still play, probably close to none. i wish the community would wise up to these fakes and stop giving them money before they deliver, you know why MOO was so good, because in those days there was no Kick-starter, live patching, DLC, you either delivered a fully working product or you delivered nothing. You wanted to get paid you better have had something!!!!

For the record I donated and kick-started nothing, the reason i have so much hate for this game is it is just another scam in a long list that taints my favorite genre, I will never again buy in early. Please stop buying early it just encourages the next scam artist to do it again. Make them earn their money by delivering a finished product and in doing so you will help save this genre we all love so much.

$90,925 is not enough to even pay for one software engineer's annual salary, I make more than that now as a junior developer.........There is no team, there is no game......Stop encouraging these hacks to ruin 4x gaming!!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... ategy-game

Return to “M.O.R.E.”