M.O.R.E. Forum

M.O.R.E. - 4x space strategy game forum

Helping M.O.R.E.

All about our classic space strategy turn game.

Helping M.O.R.E.

Postby Calavero » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:29 pm

Hello,

We've been messaged few times on Kickstarter about helping us creating M.O.R.E. If you have any skills that you think we can use(Translations, SFX, etc...), and you want to help us for free you can leave here message, about:

1. What can you do yourself to help us create better "M.O.R.E." ? What skills do you have etc.
2. If it's possible, add www address with example of your work.
3. How old are you?
4. If it's not a problem, please leave e-mail address. If not I'll PM you if we need your help.

We will contact some people if we will need help.
Thank you.
M.O.R.E. under construction
Calavero
Site Admin

Re: Helping M.O.R.E.

Postby Delpino » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:44 am

Calavero wrote:Hello,

We've been messaged few times on Kickstarter about helping us creating M.O.R.E. If you have any skills that you think we can use(Translations, SFX, etc...), and you want to help us for free you can leave here message, about:

1. What can you do yourself to help us create better "M.O.R.E." ? What skills do you have etc.
3. How old are you?
4. If it's not a problem, please leave e-mail address. If not I'll PM you if we need your help.

Thank you.

1. I'm currently studying translation as a college degree and I'm almost bilingual in Spanish and English so I could help you locate your game in Spanish.
2. Not possible at the moment but I'm translating some wikipedia articles from English to Spanish which I'd be happy to show you when they're done.
3. I'm 20 terran-years old.
4. I'd rather if you contact me by PM in case you need my help and then I'll send you my e-mail.

I think that's all :D
Delpino

Postby killjan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:54 pm

Hello there. I'm big fan of TBS.

I live in Katowiece and I studied on Silesian Technical Uniwersity. I'm mathematician, en engineer of processing information.

1. I wrote few simple games, usualy as a projects on study. And I made necessary graphics myself. No big deal, one-man work.

2. I can send you this tiny programs on mail if you want.

3. I'm 28.

4. I can not send you PM yet, so this is my e-mail: killjan@interia.eu (please, contact to me :) )
killjan

Postby Xartsadrak » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Calavero wrote:Hello,

3. How old are you?

Thank you.

You guys convinced me that this project is something special and that you are very motivated to create a mental successor to my favourite game MoO II.
So I'd like to support you within my limited possibilities.

1. I have no idea of how programming works. But I am a native German, I grew up in Germany and I'd like to offer my help to translate the game from English to German.
I love both languages, I even watch my DVD's and Blu-Ray's in English to see how they sound in English and where some slight differences are compared to the German version.

I just started to study law at the university in Münster, Germany.
German homepage of the university: http://www.uni-muenster.de/de/
English homepage of the university: http://www.uni-muenster.de/en/

2. There is none ;)
You are the first I do offer my help to translate.

All I can tell you about my skills is that my English grade in school from class 7 to 13 has been a 1 (13 to 15 points), even in exam.
Same with my German grade in school.

3. I am currently 21 years old.

4. Since my E-Mail contains my first- and lastname I'd like to tell you via PM if you are interested in my help.

I would be honoured to help you.
Xartsadrak

Postby laos101 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:20 am

I've worked as a community manager for a few small-scale games in the past, but most of my skills in production revolve around

1. Structural writing & design. I LOVE to write encyclopedia-style content, and creating interesting and exciting storylines for characters and players. It's my creative outlet and I love to build up large canons for gameplay and general interest

2. I also love to help structure economic & government systems that remain balanced. I'd be very interested in perhaps devising a type of "corporate stock market" or commodities market to help draw change in the game and add a level of economic and political depth / warfare.

PM me for my professional writing portfolio (I'd prefer not to link my creative work with my writing work in public)

I've contributed creative storylines & ideas to the community i linked below for over 4 years - as well as built their justice system, and several in-game economic systems
Last edited by laos101 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
laos101

Postby Protagonist » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:27 am

1.) I am a senior software engineer writing/designing warehouse logistics modifications on a tier one level warehouse software platform. My job consists of learning processes and trying to make them better, more efficient, or updating them to clients specific needs. I am a perfectionist when it comes C code and oracle sql. Explain plains are there for a reason, I just wish people would use them.

I have also taught myself all about Android. I have even in my spare time wrote up my own Android application.

2.) Professionally none. On my side project https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... management

3.) 33

4.) << use my email from the forums
Protagonist

Postby Tel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Calavero wrote:1. What can you do yourself to help us create better "M.O.R.E." ? What skills do you have etc.

"To do, or not to do, that is the question:
Whether 'tis Nobler in the game to suffer
The beams and rockets of outrageous design,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of Bugs,
And by opposing end them: to do, do MORE"

Have done basic programming just enough to know how bugging is debugging.
Training in marketing and business administration, currently work in an NGO mostly dealing with press and website.

3. How old are you?

I would be honored to be able to contribute in M.O.R.E. just PM me or email me.
Tel

Postby Godwin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:39 pm

Hi there,

Godwin here (Godewijn from the kickstarter forums)

-> I am currently a Game Developer/Game Designer for Triumph Studios, a succesfull studio since 1999 that made games like Age of Wonders and Overlord.
Therefore, I have some skill in game development and design (designer more than developer). I am pretty new in the industry (10 months now), and prior to that made numerous mods/content/maps/scenarios/levels and even my own games, taught myself programming (C++ etc).
I have also studied astrophysics at university, so I know about space :)

-> http://www.ageofwonders.com/aow3live/

3. How old are you?

-> 29

-> Please PM or use my forum email address, or pm me on Kickstarter (Godewijn), or use my email from there, thanks.
Last edited by Godwin on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Godwin

Postby Shinteo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:36 am

- I write stuff, generate ideas, come up with storyline. Things like that. No real programming or art skills, unfortunately. But if you need a backstory for one of the races, or planets or whatnot, I can come up with something.

- http://simbrothel2revival.wikia.com/wik ... vival_Wiki
Help to develop this game, and wrote the storyline for it.
Note that it is NC18 only. Don't go in there unless you are over the age limit.

3. How old are you?
-29 of age

- shinteo5@gmail.com
Shinteo

Postby Semmelbaecker » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:38 pm

Im working for a astronomical institute (not in the US though). I could ask for same publicly available data about stars. Something I could do:

* Give you a (publicly available) catalogue which tells you what type of star appears how often. So you can make a "realistic" galaxy star population
* I could ask the simulation guys to provide some data on element distribution in our galaxy, so you can simulate the chemical despondence more realistically if you want. For example on MoO2, a "young" galaxy was connected to "mineral rich" and a old galaxy to "organic rich". In reality, the older a galaxy is, the more minerals are available. So its perfectly opposite. Also in the centre of the galaxy, you find more heavy elements than in the outer regions.
* I can ask for data on the location of nearby stars. As I understand, you are able to simulate a maximum of 1500 (or was it 5000?) stars. I guess there is a catalogue which holds location, type and other information about all nearby stars. So you could create a scenario which is based on real astronomical data.
Semmelbaecker

Next

Return to M.O.R.E.