Status of current M.O.R.E. development

All about our classic space strategy turn game.
Calavero
Site Admin

Status of current M.O.R.E. development

Postby Calavero » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:05 pm

Hello.

We want to be closer to our community (kickstarter backers and other M.O.R.E. supporters). So in this thread we will inform you more often about M.O.R.E. developement process. You will be able to find here some "under construction" screenshots from the game, and some more dev info. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Right now we are mainly creating Space System View, which currently looks like this:

Also we encountered Unity game engine bug which crash our stand alone builded version of game. (in Unity editor all works fine). So we hope that Unity support will quickly fix this bug, but testing and finding this takes our 2 days of work.
M.O.R.E. under construction

Calavero
Site Admin

Re: Status of current M.O.R.E. development

Postby Calavero » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:36 am

Another day with M.O.R.E.

Still poring through star system view (for example right now "jumping" between planets/moons). This small addition to game, which should take 4-5 days, take us already 2? weeks... but we are almost done with it ( still 2-3 more days? ) and it has grown more than expected. But all this work - in a big part - will be also used in space battle view :) So after some modifications soon we will finish all main game screens. That's why our update is again a little late, but it should arrive shortly.

Graphics are still working on theirs jobs - creating alien race diplomatic rooms, creating diplomatic 3D animations.. and soon (planned in next month) we will integrate this area into our game.

I know that we don't show you too much right now.. but we want to make all almost perfect - rather with A (maybe AA?) game type feel than Indie type game - and then release some gameplay videos. Anyway M.O.R.E. everyday is starting to look better and better. Almost like a game right now ;)

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:34 pm

We are almost ended our new features in M.O.R.E. website. You will be able to check your pledge, rewards status etc. and put your Star System name into our database :)
From programers table - still doing space system view :(

New update should be soon.. if all goes well maybe in few days?

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:12 am

New Update almost ready. We are testing new website features... and we are finishing star system view :P

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:05 am

Window view of the star system is proving to be more problematic than expected. We have to include in it many different small features, some of them arise during work, or result in unexpected changes. For example, for that the view presented below looked ok, we need to change the type of camera from perspective to ortographic. So we have to adjust positions of all objects, light sources etc....

As soon as we finish this view, we will release an update. Website accounts are waiting for you :) We have only to insert into our database indiegogo and later supporters.

VoodooDog

Postby VoodooDog » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:29 pm

why no moo2 like starsystem view?

an overview over the whole system, with planets circle around around a star every turn a little bit further.

Teleros
Ideas & Texts Creator

Postby Teleros » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:43 pm

UI looks pretty nice there Calavero :) . Colours & sci-fi-y windows etc work nicely IMHO. I'm guessing there's some missing info from the big black box & smaller dark turquoise box on the right, but I definitely like the look of the UI so far :) .

VoodooDog wrote:why no moo2 like starsystem view?

an overview over the whole system, with planets circle around around a star every turn a little bit further.

It looks nice, but with more planets and colonisable moons I think the MORE screen is simply easier to use (heck, even in MoO2 I'd click on the wrong planet sometimes, especially if they all looked identical :P ).
Clear ether!

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:32 pm

VoodooDog wrote:why no moo2 like starsystem view?

With 10 planets..? (orbits).. it's impossible to have them all in circles... or they will be very tiny. We've decided to have this overview screen... and when you want to take a look how planets rotate, move and how all system looks.. you can change your camera, and receive something like in picture in 1'st post.

Teleros wrote:Colours & sci-fi-y windows etc work nicely IMHO.

Don't forget that we have 20 different interfaces :) I mean all looks different, but all things are in the same place. And all 20 interfaces are ready now :) Tomorrow I'll post screen from other race. Which one do you want to see? :)

Teleros wrote: I'm guessing there's some missing info from the big black box & smaller dark turquoise box on the right

Yes. There will be camera from planet view. Around you'll see planet properties and below too. I hope tomorrow? Maybe monday I'll post complete screen... hmm.. ups. no.. if we be ready, we'll post an update on Kickstarter :) I hope it'll be Monday....

VoodooDog

Postby VoodooDog » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:18 am

its reasonable that we dont get the moo2 system few. i just asked cuz i wanted to understand the thoughtprocess behind it.

looking forward to the update!

i want to see the interface from the race wich lifes in stars :D

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:18 am

As VoodoDog wish.. energy interface. Unfortunatelly some part of this interface are still missing. (We finish all parts of in on human interface, and then creating all other races). Changed camera to ortodoks, added planet view and some other smaller features.

New planet surfaces, 2 mixed cameras, finded another UNITY bug with mixed camera special effects settings (but this time solved thanks to community). Camera settings to stars/planets/moons/end of starsystem positions, and some other smaller things done.

Still no update :( Tomorrow?

Return to “M.O.R.E.”