KS2: Main and stretch goals

Voting in polls ONLY for M.O.R.E. supporters which pledged at least $15 reward tier.

What option we should choose as our main goal in new KS campaign?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Galaxy editor - I want to create my own unusual galaxy!
16%
Quick Battle Mode - I'm most interested in ship building and conducting space battles!
16%
Deep Space Stations - I'd like to create fortress in deep space!
68%

Total votes: 31

Calavero
Site Admin

KS2: Main and stretch goals

Postby Calavero » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:48 pm

We want ask you, to help us decide, in which order we shall arrange our goals in new Kickstarter campaign.
Option which will have the most of your votes in this poll, will become our main Kickstarter goal for $10.000. The second option will be one of our stretch goals at $25.000. The least popular option will become our stretch goal at $45.000.

Option 1 - Galaxy Editor.
With this module, you will be able to create your own galaxy with all manner of unique features. Want to create a tree or starfish shaped galaxy? If we succeed, you will be able to do all this, which will introduce new amazing strategies to our game. All this with star systems either randomly-created or created by you! Additionally, you will be able to share your galaxy map with our community.

Option 2 – Quick Battle Mode.
4X games often require you to invest heavily in the game before you get to the big battles. However, if we can achieve this level, we will create a unique game mode letting you jump straight into a battle, either against the AI or other players, with only a few minutes of preparation.

Option 3 – Deep Space Stations.
Positioned in the void between the stars, these stations will resupply your ships, as well as acting as extending your scanning range and acting as mighty defensive fortresses. Adding them to our space map will create new strategic possibilities.

The choice is yours!
This poll runs till Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:48 pm CEST

This poll is for people with Kicstarter Voting Rights only.
(all people which support us on our 1st Kickstarter campaign from $15 tier.)
But if you want, please write here below your opinion which option we should choose. If some of our options will be close, then we will take those votes into consideration.
M.O.R.E. under construction

AndonSage

Re: KS2: Main and stretch goals

Postby AndonSage » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:18 pm

Why am I not seeing any buttons with which to vote? I'm logged in.

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Oh... this vote is for people with Kickstarter Voting ability, which were our rewards from $15 tier.
Thank you for info about that, I'll edit my post to clarify that.

If you want, you can simply write your opinion here below. If some options will be close together, we will take your vote under consideration.

zladuric

Postby zladuric » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:47 pm

If I had to choose, I'd choose the game editor first.

Franky
Hearty Supporter

Postby Franky » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:08 pm

These are all pretty decent options even if the first 2 don't directly appeal to me (i don't usually create my own galaxies in 4x space games nor do I use a skirmish mode outside of pure rts).

Voting for deep space stations cos the ability to make your own space stations and develop/upgrade them over time to make them bastions of might that required a significant force to conquer was a cool thing in Galactic Civilizations, Sins of a Solar Empire and SotS amongst other games.

Whilst I tend to prefer in game content over anything else though, the other 2 options really ain't bad, will be interesting to see how poll goes.

olvenskol
Hearty Supporter

Postby olvenskol » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:55 pm

Of the choices: the deep space station.

More importantly: I strongly advise against adding anything more to the game. I understand you want stretch goals, so that tricky to avoid. But, speaking as someone with 30 years of software management experience and $300m+ sales of my products, it is much more important to drive towards completing something with quality than continuously adding to it in the first version. You would probably be better served looking for something you can trim rather than something to add.

You're late; I knew you would be late when I backed the first Kickstarter. It was obvious your schedule was overly optimistic. The chances are that your revised schedule is still overly optimistic: that's just a fact of life in software development. Frankly, I thought that I was just throwing my money away based on the likelihood of the project being completed, but I invested anyhow just for the *dream* of a good space 4X game. I'll back the next Kickstarter too, just to get more operating cash into your hands. That would be a waste in any "real" studio: the game would have been canceled already. But you're dreamers too and I like that.

I hope you will be able to find your way through the remaining hazards and manage to produce a complete game that captures some of your original vision with decent quality. It's ambitious!

salsadma
Hearty Supporter

Postby salsadma » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Calavero wrote:Oh... this vote is for people with Kickstarter Voting ability, which were our rewards from $15 tier.
Thank you for info about that, I'll edit my post to clarify that.

If you want, you can simply write your opinion here below. If some options will be close together, we will take your vote under consideration.

I pledged more than the 15 and I don't see any vote buttons either.

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:11 pm

Hello olvenskol,

olvenskol wrote:I strongly advise against adding anything more to the game.

Yes, we know about that. We've tried to find features, which can be interesting and also quite easy to implement. From those 3, galaxy editor should be the most time consuming feature.. but even if creating this will take us 1 month (ok, even 2 months), then achieving this goal will also allow us to keep this person hired for other months, so overall it should move forward creating M.O.R.E. as he will be able to also help us with other things. Overall, we know that we have to say "STOP" somewhere. That's why the most of our ideas is gfx/sfx basis.

olvenskol wrote:But you're dreamers too and I like that.

Thank you. Anyway, also we've already done big part of our game code and go through different kind of problems - always moving forward. Soon, first of our backers will get starting version of our product to test it. So.. it will be the time, when our dream will become a reality.

Calavero
Site Admin

Postby Calavero » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:15 pm

salsadma wrote:I pledged more than the $15 and I don't see any vote buttons either.

In that case, please write about this to me.
(On Kickstarter, here in Private Message or: support@morethegame.com)

We have to add those people to our forum kickstarter voting group... and you (or other people with similar case) probably never before mention us about that.

@Salsadma - I've checked your case, and your rights was granted. You can vote now :)
I used your post, so if other people have similar problem, they'll know what to do. Hope you don't mind.

salsadma
Hearty Supporter

Postby salsadma » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:49 pm

Calavero wrote:
salsadma wrote:I pledged more than the $15 and I don't see any vote buttons either.

In that case, please write about this to me.
(On Kickstarter, here in Private Message or: support@morethegame.com)

We have to add those people to our forum kickstarter voting group... and you (or other people with similar case) probably never before mention us about that.

@Salsadma - I've checked your case, and your right was granted. You can vote now :)
I used your post, so if other people have similar problem, they'll know what to do. Hope you don't mind.

I see the buttons now :D

And feel free to use my post. :)

Return to “KickStarter Polls”