Current Status of M.O.R.E. Developing

News about our 4x space strategy turn based game.
Grotesque

Re: Current Status of M.O.R.E. Developing

Post by Grotesque » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Calavero wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:50 pm
I'm doing what I can to make this game alive and released someday.
Unfortunatelly there won't be too much info during next days/weeks/months... :(
What is the longest development time for a game?
If you release it someday, maybe you'll break some Guinness World Record. :)

Anyway, whatever ending this whole story will have, just communicate it with the few of us that are left.
The fact that there was no communication for half a year is unacceptable.
We'll be waiting, here, among the spam bots. :)

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Post by MoD256 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:11 pm

Grotesque wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:02 pm
Calavero wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:50 pm
I'm doing what I can to make this game alive and released someday.
Unfortunatelly there won't be too much info during next days/weeks/months... :(
What is the longest development time for a game?
If you release it someday, maybe you'll break some Guinness World Record. :)

Anyway, whatever ending this whole story will have, just communicate it with the few of us that are left.
The fact that there was no communication for half a year is unacceptable.
We'll be waiting, here, among the spam bots. :)
+Ꝏ

Calavero
Site Admin

Post by Calavero » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:11 am

Ok. I've bought some kind of antispam. I hope this will fix spam bots problem...

I've prepared and tested (as a board game), 1st contact procedure for M.O.R.E.
Also currently I'm talking with one investor about M.O.R.E.
In next days, I'll start adjusting some ingame values and fixing some most important bugs.
M.O.R.E. under construction

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Post by MoD256 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:22 am

Calavero wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:11 am
Ok. I've bought some kind of antispam. I hope this will fix spam bots problem...

I've prepared and tested (as a board game), 1st contact procedure for M.O.R.E.
Also currently I'm talking with one investor about M.O.R.E.
In next days, I'll start adjusting some ingame values and fixing some most important bugs.
Nice to hear you are slowly on course for continuing the project.

I don't know exactly and I know it takes time, but I would really appreciate an way for further spending/pledging... and checking pledges.

Besides little income from new and old believers is better than zero income. :-)

Fletchette

Post by Fletchette » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:42 pm

Thanks for the update. I've actually been off this forum for a year or so, so I checked to see if anything has happened. I hope you are able to procure the money you need to finish the project because the idea for this game is still good.

boolybooly
Hearty Supporter

Post by boolybooly » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:50 am

Try Slitherine if you get a chance, they have Distant Worlds and Polaris Sector in G4X and my guess is they did OK with BSG Deadlock.

You might be able to help each other. gl

midiman

Post by midiman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:11 pm

Four years ago in good faith after coaxing from my friend, I pre-purchased this game via kickstart. I was expecting to receive it in four months. I made my living in software development in the late 80's and then in the film industry after that. I know projects often run late, but like the film business, professionals need to deliver within a reasonable time frame of their stated deadline. Amateurs tend to fly by the seat of the pants. They get bogged down and lose sight of the original project features as they think of great new features and try to implement them. It is far better to deliver the original package and save new ideas for updates or versions of the original. But as is often the case when enthusiasts tackle a project without proper and management, the project will never get finished as they seem to get lost in a never ending quest to implement feature after feature and eventually end up with nothing. I was skeptical going in and now I wish I had spent that money on something REAL and not something that is only broken dreams and promises. I have found a few great space games that are fun and have many features to keep me happy. Galactic Civilization 3 and Masters of Orion. Better to play a good game than to just wait for the ultimate game that never comes...not in my lifetime anyway :( They may not have run off with my money but they are in serious breach of contract and if they were anywhere I could easily reach them with litigation I would do so. I will never again use Kickstart and will use this as an example of WHY.

Grotesque

Post by Grotesque » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:22 am

midiman wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:11 pm
Four years ago in good faith after coaxing from my friend, I pre-purchased this game via kickstart. I was expecting to receive it in four months. I made my living in software development in the late 80's and then in the film industry after that. I know projects often run late, but like the film business, professionals need to deliver within a reasonable time frame of their stated deadline. Amateurs tend to fly by the seat of the pants. They get bogged down and lose sight of the original project features as they think of great new features and try to implement them. It is far better to deliver the original package and save new ideas for updates or versions of the original. But as is often the case when enthusiasts tackle a project without proper and management, the project will never get finished as they seem to get lost in a never ending quest to implement feature after feature and eventually end up with nothing. I was skeptical going in and now I wish I had spent that money on something REAL and not something that is only broken dreams and promises. I have found a few great space games that are fun and have many features to keep me happy. Galactic Civilization 3 and Masters of Orion. Better to play a good game than to just wait for the ultimate game that never comes...not in my lifetime anyway :( They may not have run off with my money but they are in serious breach of contract and if they were anywhere I could easily reach them with litigation I would do so. I will never again use Kickstart and will use this as an example of WHY.

So you'e saying that Chris Roberts is a enthusiastic amateur?

I don't get people who become so radicalized like you that say "I will never" do this and that.
If you'll never use kickstarter for this reason alone, MORE failed promises, then you should really reevaluate your bearings.

Like in life, you win some, you lose some.
The secret is not to fuck up too much and come on top with the winning side.

MoD256
Hearty Supporter

Post by MoD256 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:13 pm

@midiman

Many of us are on board since years and not little had spent more then usual, because in believing in the project. For me I'm glad the project isn't really dead and so far the developer(s) never give up, he keeps his promise.

But you are right in some Shape.... there were always warning voices during the project and in some points it would have been better to come back to the core of project and deliver the "plus content" after core release of game.

On the other hand we all knew/suspected, from beginning the project is/was more ambitious, then the money they got. So problems were preprogrammed.

I want to believe further and hope that some day the developer can keep his promise and release the game, but it definitely will take time.... and without large luck.... much time.

Let's together hope the best for future.

VoodooDog

Post by VoodooDog » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:39 am

Grotesque wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:22 am
midiman wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:11 pm

So you'e saying that Chris Roberts is a enthusiastic amateur?
thats such a superficial comparison lol

in the case of MORE it actually was because they didnt know what they where doing. in the case of star citizen it was a conscious decision by the community